D2H disallowing removal of 100 Basic Tier FTA Channels

• Thread starter Andy123
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 76
  • Views: Views 13,087
Regarding the 100 FTA channels issue, I contacted the CC yesterday.
They told me that those 100 channels are mandatory but there is a twist which most of us didn't knew or they are fooling us (whatever).
They said that customer will get an extra slot for their own choices for which they will not charge but it has restriction.

100 Slots = 100 FTA Channels (Rs. 130 NCF + taxes)
+ 70 Slots = Customer choice (No extra NCF charges)
Total = 170 SD channels
Beyond 170 slots they will charge the extra NCF.

Overall they will not charge extra amount for NCF if your selection is 170 slots in which you will get to choose only 70 slots and remaining 100 slots will be FTA channels.

About the comparison window they said that it is bugged and in actual the above will be applied.

Now the question is whether the CC is right or just making stories !!!!

Regarding the 100 FTA channels issue, I contacted the CC yesterday.
They told me that those 100 channels are mandatory but there is a twist which most of us didn't knew or they are fooling us (whatever).
They said that customer will get an extra slot for their own choices for which they will not charge but it has restriction.

100 Slots = 100 FTA Channels (Rs. 130 NCF + taxes)
+ 70 Slots = Customer choice (No extra NCF charges)
Total = 170 SD channels
Beyond 170 slots they will charge the extra NCF.

Overall they will not charge extra amount for NCF if your selection is 170 slots in which you will get to choose only 70 slots and remaining 100 slots will be FTA channels.

About the comparison window they said that it is bugged and in actual the above will be applied.

Now the question is whether the CC is right or just making stories !!!!

No, this is not happening. I just checked and all the channels that I chose are showing over and above the 100 channels pre-selected, in the final calculation.

And check the below image, what a superb calculation, best combo indeed! :LOL:

Source

No, this is not happening. I just checked and all the channels that I chose are showing over and above the 100 channels pre-selected, in the final calculation.

And check the below image, what a superb calculation, best combo indeed! :LOL:

Source
You are right bro. For Every channel selected over and above 100 channels is charged Rs.1 +gst by D2H. As per my calculation I should be charged Rs223 for my choice. But I was charged Rs.238. this is nothing but FCF for channels above 100. 100 channels which they pre selected and locked is not mandatory. They should allow us to select channels under BST. I am attaching the link for TRAI FAQ document regarding new tariff system. Refer page no.8. It is clearly mentioned that customers are free to select BST channels.
https://channeltariff.trai.gov.in/data/FAQ_BnCS.pdf

Hi
YOU CAN CREATE OWN PACK FROM 100 Basic FTA .THOSE MARKED** ARE MANDATORY.THE REST YOU CAN SELECT.AGAINST OTHER CHANNELS YOU CAN UNSELECT BY CLICKING THE SQUARE BOX APPEARING NEXT TO THE CHANNEL.THIS CLICKING WILL REMOVE THE right mark inside that square and when it is removed it means the channel is unselected. i have done this.

I am trying to "Create My Own Pack". I selected few SD & HD channels. My aim is to keep the total number of channels to 100.
I therefore tried to remove few useless channels from the 100 Basic Tier FTA Channels.
Now, according to the TRAI mandate, only the DD channels are mandatory which are like 22 in total.
But the ** is applied to all the 100 channels. Kindly see the attached image.
This makes it mandatory to add your selected channels over & above the 100 FTA. This is against TRAI rules.

Is anyone else facing this? This is not a software issue as the double-star (**) conditions apply suffix (Mandatory Channels)
has been added to all the 100 channels.

Screenshot

Thanks.

I had submitted my new plan before Feb 1st when the d2h website allowed deselecting channels from the 100 pre-selected ones. At least for me, the NCF has been charged at Rs. 130 + taxes only. The paid channels that I had selected are of course charged extra but that was counted within the available 75 empty slots.

I *guess* if you email customercare with your selection, they *might* appropriately deselect the BST channels that you have excluded and provide you only the channels of your selection. I will find out soon when I attempt to deselect some of the channels currently in my plan that I rarely if ever watch. I intend to reduce my plan further.

I had submitted my new plan before Feb 1st when the d2h website allowed deselecting channels from the 100 pre-selected ones. At least for me, the NCF has been charged at Rs. 130 + taxes only. The paid channels that I had selected are of course charged extra but that was counted within the available 75 empty slots.

I *guess* if you email customercare with your selection, they *might* appropriately deselect the BST channels that you have excluded and provide you only the channels of your selection. I will find out soon when I attempt to deselect some of the channels currently in my plan that I rarely if ever watch. I intend to reduce my plan further.

Are you getting the same FTA/Free channels that you chose? Also, did you check your monthly recharge amount, is it same as the amount that was shown when you submitted your choice?
I had updated my choice before Feb 1st too, but my monthly amount is way above my submission amount. Also, free channels are the ones that were pre-selected, not the ones I chose.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock