D2H disallowing removal of 100 Basic Tier FTA Channels

• Thread starter Andy123
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 76
  • Views: Views 13,092
They show two menus after selection - "Your Selection" and "Best Value Combo". Which is the one getting billed in reality?

The "Best Value Combo" is getting billed. This is exactly opposite to TRAI rules. At most, they should give option of your custom pack or best value pack. Email TRAI. Attach Screenshot.

[email protected]
[email protected]

They show two menus after selection - "Your Selection" and "Best Value Combo". Which is the one getting billed in reality?
They gave my selection not best value combo to me. Where is the option to choose either one?

Didn't they given the option to "create your own pack"??

I cc'd TRAI in yesterday's email to d2h CC and got this reply today from TRAI.

Dear Sir/Madam,
We have received your mail. Thank you for writing to TRAI. Your grievance has been forwarded to your Service Provider for an early resolution. Through press release issued on 31st January 2019, TRAI has specifically instructed all the Service Providers that no pack should be forcefully imposed upon the subscribers. Customers are free to choose Free to Air channels and/ or pay channels either on a-la-carte or in the form of bouquet or any combination thereof.

The "Best Value Combo" is getting billed. This is exactly opposite to TRAI rules. At most, they should give option of your custom pack or best value pack. Email TRAI. Attach Screenshot.

[email protected]
[email protected]
I don't get how it is "best value" when in reality they are billing me 28rs more than my selection when I tried to select the least number of paid Kannada channels now. Not selecting anything else other than a couple of English HD channels as well. If 60% of the current viewers pick all their usual channels, they won't reduce their prices even further for the bouquets. Star India and Sun (Udaya) are the ultimate evil in this. Not choosing any of their channels until their prices plummet. I can watch live cricket on my phone easily.

I got billed for best value combo too .These d2h id*ots doesn't do a thing right
They are illegally changing my choice too. I didn't choose Zee Kannada pack where its only 17rs. Zee only has 1 Kannada channel, the rest of the 6-7 channels in the bouquet are hindi which I have no use for. So, I chose a single channel even at a higher cost of 19rs because I want the bouquet price to be less in the future for those who would want those channels. But in Best Value, they removed my single channel and shoved in the bouquet which is getting me angry as well. Can't move forward now. Currently, I'm only in all free Kannada channels + 1 paid News 18 Kannada channel activated (along with the paid Aaj Tak hindi channel and around 50 other language free channels which is illegal)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock