d2h not provide 5.1 dolby digital output through HDMI

Hi,

i am connecting HDMI out(STB) to HTR HDMI IN and HDMI out of HTR to TV HDMI IN.

HDMI OUT STB-> HDMI IN HTR

HDMIOUT HTR-> HDMI IN TV

and i am also enable DD using D2h Remote but i have not got good 5.1 Output.

as confirm by D2h cc he provide DD 5.1 only Spdif port only.

Thanks

subodh

hai_annu97 said:
Hi,

i am connecting HDMI out(STB) to HTR HDMI IN and HDMI out of HTR to TV HDMI IN.

HDMI OUT STB-> HDMI IN HTR

HDMIOUT HTR-> HDMI IN TV

and i am also enable DD using D2h Remote but i have not got good 5.1 Output.

as confirm by D2h cc he provide DD 5.1 only Spdif port only.

Thanks

subodh

For confirmation I am asking.....

What's ur audio problem......not getting 5.1 channels or quality??

BTW when I searched for Sony DTH Theatre HT-IV300 online I found It is easily compatible with leading DTH providers like Tata Sky, Airtel DigitalTV, Sun Direct, Dish TV and Big TV.and as of now it's having some significant compatibility problems with d2h......this may be the cause of your problem......

Do an online search brother.......

hi,

i checked in sony website.

D2h provide dd 5.1 through only SPDIF not HDMI.

thanks

subodh

But I m getting it via hdmi..Btw, subodh I have got only 1 hdmi port in my ht so do u have two ports?

hai_annu97 said:
hi,

i checked in sony website.

D2h provide dd 5.1 through only SPDIF not HDMI.

thanks

subodh

Brother,

Don't post wrong information repeatedly......

2011 with latest updates and 2222 box onwards provides real DD 5.1 in hdmi.....

I have set many d2h STBs with DD 5.1 through hdmi for home theaters of mine,friends, & relatives......all works perfect for all DD 5.1 /DD 2.1 enabled channels......

imran3 said:
But I m getting it via hdmi..Btw, subodh I have got only 1 hdmi port in my ht so do u have two ports?

Yes brother u will get real DD 5.1 via hdmi....

Higher end home theaters (eg:for 19000 rs) have a loop in hdmi ports.....one for input and one for output which is a copy of input.......

Jerome, I have got sony dav dz 510.i just want to know that have I connected it properly I.e, stb hdmi to tv hdmi and ht hdmi to tv hdmi. If yes, then while selecting dd from remote why the sound goes mute? Though I have set it to auto in settings.Pls advice.

imran3 said:
my connection id like stb hdmi out to tv in and ht hdmi to tv and I m still getting 5.1 when I switch on Ht

This works based on ARC feature between enabled equipments......

ARC= audio return channel

Here the tv return the audio of STB via the hdmi out cable of HT........

This way the hdmi out cable of home theater serves for audio input also which is coming from tv.....

imran3 said:
Jerome, I have got sony dav dz 510.i just want to know that have I connected it properly I.e, stb hdmi to tv hdmi and ht hdmi to tv hdmi. If yes, then while selecting dd from remote why the sound goes mute? Though I have set it to auto in settings.Pls advice.

If your tv and HT support ARC your connection is right.......can u see DD symbol in display of HT when DD available??

And your mute problem looks like some software compatibility problem between devices.....

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock