d2h not provide 5.1 dolby digital output through HDMI

Jerome.J said:
Yes its fully compatible.

I have only one hdmi port in my home theatre on the back side of it. If the stb hdmi cable comes in it then how do I get the other hdmi cable into my TV, please help.

ayanc99 said:
I have only one hdmi port in my home theatre on the back side of it. If the stb hdmi cable comes in it then how do I get the other hdmi cable into my TV, please help.

I checked the specs of dav dz570. It does not have HDMI switching/pass through option. It has Coaxial digital connection for audio. You can use that. Use a coaxial cable to connect the digital auio out from STB to HTR. That will provide the best sound for you.

Zero7 said:
I checked the specs of dav dz570. It does not have HDMI switching/pass through option. It has Coaxial digital connection for audio. You can use that. Use a coaxial cable to connect the digital auio out from STB to HTR. That will provide the best sound for you.

Will that give 5.1 Dolby or not??

Zero7 said:
Yes it will (with coax audio connection from STB to HTR)

So the hdmi cable from TV to stb should be removed? Instead coaxial cable should be used from stb to htr. Please confirm.

Leave the STB HDMI -> TV HDMI as is. Use the SPDIF (Coax) out from STB to Digital In/Coax In of HTR using SPDIF cable.

ayanc99 said:
So the hdmi cable from TV to stb should be removed? Instead coaxial cable should be used from stb to htr. Please confirm.

Leave current hdmi cable as it is......it will pass video from HT to tv and support Bravia sync functions......use spdif coaxial cable for audio in DD 5.1 from STB to HT......

Which is your tv make??

If it's also Sony Bravia sync supported it's a useful and excellent feature......

Jerome.J said:
Leave current hdmi cable as it is......it will pass video from HT to tv and support Bravia sync functions......use spdif coaxial cable for audio in DD 5.1 from STB to HT......

Which is your tv make??

If it's also Sony Bravia sync supported it's a useful and excellent feature......

It's a Sony Bravia 46 LCD TV. So I should get a coaxial cable. Does it have any size or other specifications which would required to be mentioned??

ayanc99 said:
It's a Sony Bravia 46 LCD TV. So I should get a coaxial cable. Does it have any size or other specifications which would required to be mentioned??

For short length (<10 ft) high quality coax cable is not really necessary in my experience. You can use the RCA cable itself and test. I have tested with good quality Coax cable as well as regular RCA cable and did not see much difference. However, please go through the following link to understand more on the need of digital coax cable- On Digital Coax, "RCS v/s Digital Coax". You can construct a cable using the regular RG-6 cable also :)

I just purchased Entry Level Samsung home theather having model number HT-F455K.
Problem is once I select Dolby Digital in D2H it got mute. I am able to get DD through USB and DVD without any problem.
Experts, Any idea what is the cause of problem.

PS: HT has Hdmi with ARC and also optical in.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock