D2H Testing "Harmonic" UHD Channel in HEVC format-Now removed

• Thread starter Mr.Bhat
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 130
  • Views: Views 20,322
Re: D2H Testing "Harmonic" UHD Channel in HEVC format

If 1 HD channel consumes almost 4 SD Channels then it means 1 UHD Channel will consume 5 HD Channels Space and result is Nothing :p

RE: D2H Testing "Harmonic" UHD Channel in HEVC format

geekvishal said:
Yes. It could be possible because the necessary codec for playing UHD is not in any PC with default.

Bro VLC player and latest updated Version of KM player can easily play UHD video If you have a i5 or greater processor and a good 1gb or higher dedicated video card. Even youtube can stream uhd videos but it's downscaled the pq a bit to reduce the bandwidth. To enjoy a 4k content you can just download a 4k video from YouTube with full uhd resolution and play it on vlc or km player but remember you need a 50 inch or larger size uhd tv to enjoy a uhd content ;)

This is the most unknown step taken by D2H and if Tatasky is also following the same path then what can some one say. In a county where still in 2014 more than 70% population is using CRT TVs and hardly 15 to 20 % people's are using LCD or led TVs to enjoy HD content and still India has one of the lowest numbers of HD channels compared to many other countries. And launching a udh channel in India where penetration of uhd TVs would be even less than 0.001% all I can say is that only people with no brain in their head would launch a UHD channel in 2014 and that also in India where HD channels are also very less in numbers :u

DishHD said:
This is the most unknown step taken by D2H and if Tatasky is also following the same path then what can some one say. In a county where still in 2014 more than 70% population is using CRT TVs and hardly 15 to 20 % people's are using LCD or led TVs to enjoy HD content and still India has one of the lowest numbers of HD channels compared to many other countries. And launching a udh channel in India where penetration of uhd TVs would be even less than 0.001% all I can say is that only people with no brain in their head would launch a UHD channel in 2014 and that also in India where HD channels are also very less in numbers :u

agreed bro also india's economy is low which can not able too afford that much high rate TV and channels :(:-/

Totally agree with you...DishHD.

DishHD said:

I completely agree with you. This is only a marketing technique before their IPO.I think they will remove it if not succeeded.Any ways I support the uhd technology.

It's good to launch a UHD channel but at the current situation it's totally a foolish decision taken by both D2H and Tata Sky.:wall
First this 2 operators should add all HD channels available in India then think about UHD channel,bad move by both the DTH's.:dodgy

Even Peoples in India struggling to buy LCD TV.:(

DishHD said:

Completely agree bro.:tup

Karan Rockz said:
It's good to launch a UHD channel but at the current situation it's totally a foolish decision taken by both D2H and Tata Sky.:wall
First this 2 operators should add all HD channels available in India then think about UHD channel,bad move by both the DTH's.:dodgy

if they add all hd channels which is available in india then ready to pay more than rs1000 per month

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock