Breaking DD channel blocked

700-800 normally.You can get them on amazon etc.India uses DVT T2 technology.

Then I can subscribe to SS1 instead! :D
Thanks for the info.
I lost interest in cricket since Sachin retired. So I used to watch casually on DD. Now I am waiting for my annual pack to end on 21st after that I will shift to sports pack for few days.

We can use a aluminium hanger with open ends and can connect a cable to the TV from hanger, hanger will act as antenna and will give u good picture.

Alternatively, u can use a pencil inserted in the analogue connector, u can watch match, though not very clear.

But why should dth companies block any channel? Instead, dd should give another uplink feed for dth and cable operators and that will not have any live cricket. The main feed will be given by dvb t and analog transmission. Infact, now no need of dth for cricket when many major cities are having digital transmission. You can watch on mobile or tv. I think dd should provide more cities with digital transmission and make money from ads instead of breaking rules by providing free transmission on dth and cable.

The responsibility is with doordarshan... not with cable and dth operators. They cannot block any channel having downlink rights. This itself is a violation. Supreme court does not understand the situation. They should have ordered dd to give another signal for dth and cable.

This is just crap.

You made a valid point..

You made a valid point..
They have done it before. Once there was a time when DD had different feed for dd direct plus and all others while match was going on on terrestrial transmission.
Later in court, it was cleared that the same feed should go for all. Now SC has reversed that.

Yup its true that the channels can only be available as a la carte price if the price is more than Rs. 19 but if the channel is not included in basepack how will they get maximum TRP?? Its the TRP which gives maximum profit in terms of revenue from ads and reach towards the bigger set of audience. So it doesnt make sense to have the channel only in la carte section. Also if they telecast 1st match in ss1 and 2nd match in ss2 for India matches then its so silly. May be it might work for IPL matches since there are instances of 2 back to back matches played in a single day. What ever it is they wouldnt allow the TRAI regulations come to effect specially after spending that much money for IPL rights. Its huge. They might even face loss even if they increase the channel price to Rs. 75 or even Rs. 100 for that matter. It will all depend on Advertisement revenue. So they will surely wanted the channela to be included in as many packages as possible.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock