Digital cable -> 24X7 customer care?

Biswajit.HD

Contributor
Reaction score
With the news and deadline of digitization coming near, i was just strucked with one question in mind, whether leading digital cable operators will also have 24X7 customer care services and customer care executives to attend call of customers like dth?? :huh

i think they should implement it, to be able to cater to the needs of their customers....

If such service already exists i am unaware...

so members kindly share your views about it, and also kindly put forward ur views, as to in what way digital cable can have a better customer care service than dth??

Well agree with you Biswa, they should provide 24*7 customer care service. So anyone who face problem will get instant solution..

Gssran said:
Good work Biswajit bhai.

You got him wrong :no , he is asking something..

i want members to put forward their views, rather than agreeing with me, because digtal cable scenario is different.... maintenance of optical cables, sometimes even theft of cables also reported, or disruption due to road work (if they lay underground optical cables) many such cases come into view...
Also in areas like north east India, the big dishes get disalligned due to heavy storm, and we have to wait the whole day till the services are restored...
Keeping in view such conditions, the role of customer care will be different than dth i believe?? :huh

They will require more ground crew for maintenance.... :huh

But its not possible in every area, as many operators will not make customer care service and many will save money. So it need to be in one place and all digital cabler services will be connected there so people can give their location and get help..

Bapun Raz said:
But its not possible in every area, as many operators will not make customer care service and many will save money. So it need to be in one place and all digital cabler services will be connected there so people can give their location and get help..
may be leading cable operators like hathway can take this kind of initiative.... even if they have it currently, i am unaware of it...

If one of the leading digital cable company takes a step of introducing a 24X7 customer service, may be others will also follow. But how much it will be successful in comparision with present dth customer service, time will only tell :huh

And of course yes, since there are so many players in this digital cable arena now, both in small and big cities, its difficult that every operator will have a customer service :)

But ofcourse we can expect it from leading operators like Hathway, which can invest into it and maintain it professionally :)

Since the distribution of cable wiring goes like this MSO --> Regional Cable Operator --> Local Cablewallah (may have more intermediate levels) it will be a challenge for cable operators to provide:

1) Multi-lingual Customer Care Service
2) Prompt & Satisfactory Service (as it depends on the quality & attitude of local cablewallah)
3) Resolution of Technical Queries (issues w.r.t. STBs, cabling)
4) Feedback from Customers about Packages, A/V quality etc
5) Quality Control

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock