Dish TV General Discussions Thread

• Thread starter Sajee
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 10,440
  • Views: Views 1,065,775
Thousands of engineering and medical aspirants may now prepare for their entrance examinations from home as President Pranab Mukherjee launched four satellite television channels on Sunday to offer tutorials by subject experts in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology.
32 educational channels will be aired 24x7 on Dish TV under the brand name of 'Swayam Prabha,' channels dedicated to helping students to prepare for the entrance tests for engineering and courses will be aired under the IIT-Pal. All channels will air four hours of fresh content which will be repeated five times in a day.
President launches 32 educational channels and MOOC platform 'Swayam' - Deccan Herald

32 free DTH educational channels on Dish TV & FreeDish start functioning

Thirty-two direct-to-home educational channels under the name Swayam Prabha were formally launched during the weekend to telecast high-quality educational content free of charge.

Launching the channels which will be beamed via the GSAT-15 satellite transponders and will shortly be available both on Dish TV as well as Doordarshan’s FreeDish, President Pranab Mukherjee said the use of satellite technology to reach the unreached is time-tested. He was happy to note that the scale and reach of this technology has been raised manifold through the 32 Swayam Prabha DTH channels. These channels will help students in the rural areas and in the remote areas where IT infrastructure have not penetrated so well.

These channels transmit four hours of fresh content every day, and contain lectures from the best teachers in the country. There is no monthly charge for viewing these channels. These channels include the IIT-PAL channels which were intended to help students taking the prestigious JEE examination, taught by the IIT faculty.

32 free DTH educational channels on Dish TV & FreeDish start functioning

I really love these 32 education channels of Dish TV. I also take regular classes from the channels about computer programming and software engineering :)

782681f84f40ddcd9bef307d28102c4f.jpg

ed6dc07287ca77aceb212b4b4247ae63.jpg

Last edited:
Any news of Ten 2 Hd and Ten 3 hd on dishtv
Tata sky and Airtel launching on launch day.I fear now they will now not add it as now channels are controlled by Sony
Already missing Sony Rox Hd for long time.[emoji19]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock