DISH TV Launches ZING DIGITAL

• Thread starter Thread starter greatsadiq
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 78
  • Views Views: Views 21,932

@NinadG channels and services are different. Bengali audio feed is not a channel. count in zing site u will see 20 channels.:lol

dipayan said:
Did u see anything special in their pack from dishtv pack ?:huh

Couple of Bangla channels are added today we are getting channels in free preview but yaah for Zing users this channel is in the package also hindi gec channels and regional channels but the difference is they are catering bangla channel as a mainstream channel.

Anirudha Das said:
dipayan said:
But why they need separate brand ? They can launch new packs. Installation cost is Rs 1300 so nothing new.:huh

I think they to wants to free there arms from main stream DTH to regional DTH something special for Regional market.

I think Dishtv will launch Zing in mpeg4 & may be new mgmt will hadle ops....Good competition for cable so now many local/regional channels can hope for DTH addition & regional market will grow. Viewers in regional markets like TN where local channels count is almost 75-80, can expect all these channels on DTH like Zing.

NinadG said:
I think Dishtv will launch Zing in mpeg4 & may be new mgmt will hadle ops....Good competition for cable so now many local/regional channels can hope for DTH addition & regional market will grow. Viewers in regional markets like TN where local channels count is almost 75-80, can expect all these channels on DTH like Zing.

No it will continues to MPEG 2 all the interface will be same like all dishtv users just they will stop selling dishtv hardware in WB and Odisha and start selling Zing boxes and Zing brand Antennas and Hardware.

Anirudha Das said:
No it will continues to MPEG 2 all the interface will be same like all dishtv users just they will stop selling dishtv hardware in WB and Odisha and start selling Zing boxes and Zing brand Antennas and Hardware.
I think all recent boxes are mp4 compatible as ultimately dishtv will have to move to MPEG 4 in future.

Anirudha Das said:
dipayan said:
Did u see anything special in their pack from dishtv pack ?:huh

Couple of Bangla channels are added today we are getting channels in free preview but yaah for Zing users this channel is in the package also hindi gec channels and regional channels but the difference is they are catering bangla channel as a mainstream channel.

There will be three packs priced at Rs. 175 ( Rs. 149 plus taxes), Rs. 249 and Rs. 349. All the packs will have regional channels as base. Salil Kapoor“Zing is a specific offering for an audience which is a completely different demographic. The Phase III and IV homes are from small towns and interiors and many of them want content in their own language. What other DTH players and even Dish TV provide is a national base pack and regional add-on packs. Zing will work the opposite way. The base pack will have all regional channels, while national and international channels will be add-ons,”

dipayan said:
I think all recent boxes are mp4 compatible as ultimately dishtv will have to move to MPEG 4 in future.

May be MPEG 4 but it will not benefit to Zing user because they are using the same interface like we are using if we not upgrade to MPEG 4 then it will not benefit to them also.

loss of money as compare to D2H packs
compare
zing 249/- ( 4 bengali channel extra, mising 3 utv channels)
D2h 220/- (missing international channel)

Approx

I think its a initial concept to Re brand dishtv as people gets confuse on dish network and dishtv :lol and also they wants to add "Z" into there DTH, couple of years ago they add Z in dishtv so Zing its the new start for them its start from "Z" and Zee is the popular brand in Indian Television so idea is first rise to regional market then into national market.

This Zing trick may not work in south region because d2h & sun already have strong base over there.. And they also have more channels compare to dish or zing..

Back
Top Bottom