Breaking Disney Shutting Down 18 TV Channels in Southeast Asia

Still I remember that one senior DDF member said Star Definitely not Acquire IPL Media Rights, Even after losing IPL media Rights he also said BCCI Rights probably Sony will acquire inside trusted source, But Sony failed again front of Huge bidding of Star.

Bro do you think Sony will grab Media Rights, even I don't want see monopoly of Disney and All Big Cricket media Rights to single TV network, But Sony after losing IPL, even they lost BCCI and ICC Media Rights too, after losing All Hot Cricket Media Rights they Acquired Unwanted Media Rights.
They cleverly got most overseas rights. They are profiting off India's matches without spending a fortune.
Still I remember that one senior DDF member said Star Definitely not Acquire IPL Media Rights, Even after losing IPL media Rights he also said BCCI Rights probably Sony will acquire inside trusted source, But Sony failed again front of Huge bidding of Star.
Hands are gonna be tied next auction. Aggressive bidding will stop.

If Sony have money and Revenues to Acquire IPL media Rights they can bid till auction end, if Sony not Aggressive situation will be like Neo Sports.
Sony is not stupid. They got fresh content every week in the name of WWE and UFC. They are countless other events happening throughout the week while Star got their heads inside cricket. They will put other sporting events in backseat during cricket.

Sony is not stupid. They got fresh content every week in the name of WWE and UFC.
Yeah Sony not stupid, just asking how many Advertisements Airing on WWE and UFC, Advertisements Revenue important for Every broadcaster to sustain in sports market.

Yeah Sony not stupid, just asking how many Advertisements Airing on WWE and UFC, Advertisements Revenue important for Every broadcaster to sustain in sports market.
They can earn from subscription revenue. They also got digital rights of these events.

On another note that means Fox Life India will be the only Fox-branded channel in all of Asia (excluding MENA where Fox, Fox Movies, etc. will continue to run).

Star World in Asia became Fox Life in 2017 and it is one of the 18 channels which will shut down.

OQwSLW4.gif

Sony is not stupid. They got fresh content every week in the name of WWE and UFC. They are countless other events happening throughout the week while Star got their heads inside cricket. They will put other sporting events in backseat during cricket.

Well i agree star/disney should have more variety of sports across channels, they acquired cricket rights at high price so 3 or 4 chs and its HD feed r required to rum live, highlights of same so as to recover money but they should have 3 chs dedicated to other sports.

Sony got 10 yr IPL rights at half amount than what star/disney got for 5 year cycle so sony still managed to keep a check on cricket telecast but star / disney not in that position. Not a question of being stupid but facing actual situation

On another note that means Fox Life India will be the only Fox-branded channel in all of Asia (excluding MENA where Fox, Fox Movies, etc. will continue to run).

Star World in Asia became Fox Life in 2017 and it is one of the 18 channels which will shut down.

It might also b closed or FYI will take its place

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock