Disney to cut back on TV, sports biz in India

Looks like Star India Reached Target, This Season they will Touch 3,300 Crore from Television Adds and I think IPL Acquisition Cost 16,347Crore is small for Star India :unsure:

With the IPL 2020 turning out to be a big hit, official broadcaster Star Sports has hiked advertising rates for the last four matches of the tournament by about 15-20%. The individual ad rates for the IPL had been set at Rs 12-13 lakh per 10 seconds. With the sale of ad spots at a premium, industry analysts reckon the broadcaster’s advertising revenues from the 13th edition of tournament could surpass the earlier target of Rs 3,000 crore, to touch Rs 3,300 crore.
Star Sports hikes IPL ad rates for playoffs

Looks like Fox Star Studios already Shutdowns with Laxmmi bomb in India, Fox Star also left from Production of Bhoot Police and Rx 100 Remake Tadap too. Once again Walt Disney Pictures India Studio Reaunching with Brahmastra.

An industry expert has revealed, “As we all know, Fox Star Studios is shutting down in India. It released all its pending films like Dil Bechara, Lootcase, Sadak 2 and Laxmii this year online, on Disney+ Hotstar. Brahmastra happens to be the last film in the line-up of Fox Star Studios. Since Disney has taken over Fox, it has decided to market Brahmastra as a Disney movie and not as a Fox Star Studios film.”
The expert adds, “The Disney team feels Brahmastra can make for an ideal family entertainer, which is what Disney movies are known for. Besides having a terrific star cast comprising Ranbir Kapoor, Alia Bhatt and Amitabh Bachchan, it also has a mythological touch and is a VFX-heavy film.
The REAL reason why Brahmastra teaser video has vanished from YouTube

Looks like Fox Star Studios already Shutdowns with Laxmmi bomb in India, Fox Star also left from Production of Bhoot Police and Rx 100 Remake Tadap too. Once again Walt Disney Pictures India Studio Reaunching with Brahmastra.

An industry expert has revealed, “As we all know, Fox Star Studios is shutting down in India. It released all its pending films like Dil Bechara, Lootcase, Sadak 2 and Laxmii this year online, on Disney+ Hotstar. Brahmastra happens to be the last film in the line-up of Fox Star Studios. Since Disney has taken over Fox, it has decided to market Brahmastra as a Disney movie and not as a Fox Star Studios film.”
The expert adds, “The Disney team feels Brahmastra can make for an ideal family entertainer, which is what Disney movies are known for. Besides having a terrific star cast comprising Ranbir Kapoor, Alia Bhatt and Amitabh Bachchan, it also has a mythological touch and is a VFX-heavy film.
The REAL reason why Brahmastra teaser video has vanished from YouTube
So Bollywood Movies will be made under Disney Label Now?

Yeah Soon Disney Producing movies under Walt Disney Pictures India Studio in India.
I hope it's true, although i hope Disney doesn't Exit Market because they have done with UTV,Disney Label.

I hope it's true, although i hope Disney doesn't Exit Market because they have done with UTV,Disney Label.
But they done Big mistake Shutting Fox Star Studios, it's only Studio in India Recent years having more number of succes movies, also Fox Star is Financing many Big and Medium Budget movie Producers, Without Fox Star Studios it's incomplete for Cinema Distributors too.

So Bollywood Movies will be made under Disney Label Now?

That sounds like a pipe dream, as they've already revealed they want to focus primarily on promoting their Hollywood content globally. They shut down UTV Motion Pictures even after successes like Dangal (made on a budget of ₹70 crore, and went on to earn more than ₹2,000 crore). It seems like they are only releasing Brahmastra under the Disney label since it meets their family-friendly conditionality, they've already invested in it and want to cut their losses, but also promote their brand going forward. They've already dropped the Fox name from their acquired film and TV studios in the West, so it makes sense they would do the same in India. I anticipate, eventually, they will rename their international Fox Life channel to something else as well, since the Fox-branded channels in America (e.g., Fox broadcast network, Fox News, Fox Sports channels) are still owned by Rupert Murdoch.

That sounds like a pipe dream, as they've already revealed they want to focus primarily on promoting their Hollywood content globally. They shut down UTV Motion Pictures even after successes like Dangal (made on a budget of ₹70 crore, and went on to earn more than ₹2,000 crore). It seems like they are only releasing Brahmastra under the Disney label since it meets their family-friendly conditionality, they've already invested in it and want to cut their losses, but also promote their brand going forward. They've already dropped the Fox name from their acquired film and TV studios in the West, so it makes sense they would do the same in India. I anticipate, eventually, they will rename their international Fox Life channel to something else as well, since the Fox-branded channels in America (e.g., Fox broadcast network, Fox News, Fox Sports channels) are still owned by Rupert Murdoch.
I'm little bit confused over their future as rival companies such as Viacom18,Zee are creating local hindi movies & now sony is going to make local movies as well. I feel Disney should rethink about their decision & merge UTV & FOX STAR Studios under 1 unit & continue creating movies under Disney Label & i know They're dumping FOX Brand. International FOX Branded Channels will be rebranded under STAR Brand! Starting with Latin America from 2021 February. Source- Disney Renaming Fox Channels In Latin America To Star | What's On Disney Plus

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock