Disney to cut back on TV, sports biz in India

According to sources ARM has now signed a mega-budget project to be produced by Hollywood studio Disney Pictures. It is said that it would be an animated film with an Indian flavor made for the world audience on the lines of 'The Lion King' and 'Beauty and the Beast.
A.R. MURUGADOSS SIGNS A MEGA BUDGET INTERNATIONAL PROJECT?
I guess they're referring To Disney Studios which make LIVE Action movies Of Disney. Nothing to do with Indian Cinema.

I Guess It's for India, Later they will Dub in All Languages, another Rumour that Fox Star/Disney India talks with many Production Houses and Directors for Upcoming new projects.
There is a difference between Dubbing & Creating Local Movies. FOX Star Studios Casts local actors, teams up with local productions houses & most importantly it's a hindi feature film where as Disney dub their Hollywood movie in various Indian languages & release in theaters, so people have a choice to either watch in original language or your own language. FOX STAR IS A PRODUCTION UNIT FOR INDIAN MOVIES

There is a difference between Dubbing & Creating Local Movies. FOX Star Studios Casts local actors, teams up with local productions houses & most importantly it's a hindi feature film where as Disney dub their Hollywood movie in various Indian languages & release in theaters, so people have a choice to either watch in original language or your own language. FOX STAR IS A PRODUCTION UNIT FOR INDIAN MOVIES
I think you forgot that Walt Disney Pictures Produced many Bollywood movies under Disney Label in India.

I think you forgot that Walt Disney Pictures Produced many Bollywood movies under Disney Label in India.
THAT'S WALT DISNEY PICTURES INDIA Not Walt Disney Pictures (USA) & i don't trust disney in this regard! They have exit business twice now
UTV,Disney & latest FOX Star Studios

I feel Disney should rethink about their decision & merge UTV & FOX STAR Studios under 1 unit & continue creating movies under Disney Label

Disney would never release anything that is not family-friendly (e.g., appropriate for children) under the Disney label. In the past, they would release such content under a different label, such as Miramax (no longer owned by Disney) or Touchstone Pictures (now defunct). Going forward, they will probably release them under 20th Century Studios or Searchlight Pictures.

According to sources ARM has now signed a mega-budget project to be produced by Hollywood studio Disney Pictures. It is said that it would be an animated film with an Indian flavor made for the world audience on the lines of 'The Lion King' and 'Beauty and the Beast.

If this is true, that's great news! But, as others have mentioned, it sounds like this could be an international project presumably in English, and subsequently dubbed in other languages.

THAT'S WALT DISNEY PICTURES INDIA Not Walt Disney Pictures (USA) & i don't trust disney in this regard! They have exit business twice now
UTV,Disney & latest FOX Star Studios

Disney is primarily motivated by profit and not willing to take risks, so they will not invest in anything unless there is a guaranteed financial return.

Disney would never release anything that is not family-friendly (e.g., appropriate for children) under the Disney label. In the past, they would release such content under a different label, such as Miramax (no longer owned by Disney) or Touchstone Pictures (now defunct). Going forward, they will probably release them under 20th Century Studios or Searchlight Pictures.

If this is true, that's great news! But, as others have mentioned, it sounds like this could be an international project presumably in English, and subsequently dubbed in other languages.

Disney is primarily motivated by profit and not willing to take risks, so they will not invest in anything unless there is a guaranteed financial return.

Just hope Ghajini is back on star/disney

Disney now has very large star india assets hence they will continue film production . Earlier they were a small player in India but now have access to huge infrastructure setup

Just hope Ghajini is back on star/disney

Disney now has very large star india assets hence they will continue film production . Earlier they were a small player in India but now have access to huge infrastructure setup
But the news regarding FOX Star is scary!
If they start making under disney label they wouldn't able to create R Rated Movies which appeal to adults! Just Rebrand FOX STAR TO STAR STUDIOS

Your optimism is welcome, but I beg to differ. Disney prefers to have full control and own intellectual property rights over their content. This conflicts with the distribution model used by Fox Star Studios, and the Indian film industry as a whole.

The Walt Disney Company, says a former employee, has taken a call not to greenlight any new films in India, as it doesn't see value in the business. "The studio business in India has too many stakeholders and often doesn't allow the studio to own the IP, and Disney's business model globally is driven by IPs. Fox Star will either be written off or reduced to a mere distribution company," he explains. The media giant is known to have asked a large number of Fox Star employees to resign. "They were asked to resign on the same day when Uday Shankar's resignation was announced," confirms yet another former Disney-Star employee.
Source: Business Today

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock