Does Tata Play work with normal MoCA adapters?

akshayt

Reaction score
I would like to extend wifi via a mesh wifi router. Using wifi for backuhaul has been a bit unstable for me so I would like try to use MoCA. I have a room with ethernet and a unused cable for dth from Tata Play and have another cable like that near the mesh wifi router so MoCA would work well.

However I have heard that MoCa does not work with dth online but sometimes work with MoCA adapters from the dth company. So would MoCA work or not work or do I need some special adapters. Tata Play binge set top box soc supports MoCA and I think that it was listed in official specifications a long time ago but can't find it now.

I would suggest to not try doing that as there is no surety that it will work and also these adaptors are pretty costly, I checked out a pair on Amazon for 18k.

Rather I would suggest if WiFi backhaul isn't stable in your setup then just get a 10 or 15 metre Ethernet wire and run it from your main modem or router to the secondary router in the other room connecting it in the LAN port instead of WAN and setting it up as the slave router by disabling DHCP for it.

If aesthetics and concealed wiring is an issue for you then the coax method is fine but no guarantee it will work. And if you want a cost effective and reliable solution without much emphasis on aesthetics then stick to Ethernet.

Can't run ethernet cable there due due to aesthetic reasons.

Only one set top box is there in the house and the cables which I am using for the router are unused currently. The best option seems to be to find which these are by going to the Tata sky dish, disconnect them from the dish and connect them together.

Thanks @Esmail

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock