Sad News Dolby Audio support not available for my new Tata Play HD connection

• Thread starter Sarang
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 29
  • Views: Views 2,221
There is no mention of Dolby but in the auto mode, the sound bar shows Dolby. Also, the HD picture clarity is much sharper than the HD+ but the SD channel clarity is not that great. AQ is good.

There is no mention of Dolby but in the auto mode, the sound bar shows Dolby. Also, the HD picture clarity is much sharper than the HD+ but the SD channel clarity is not that great. AQ is good.
Hd+ ? Now which channel has it 😅
It support Dolby but they removed logo and mention of Dolby everywhere in the box maybe to reduce the cost of the box because Dolby certification requires some license fee..it's more like DishTV now which supports Dolby but you will not find Dolby mentioned anywhere

Just zoom the image and see. The text was scrolling, so missed the letter D.
TgTzbt1.jpg

Hd+ ? Now which channel has it 😅
It support Dolby but they removed logo and mention of Dolby everywhere in the box maybe to reduce the cost of the box because Dolby certification requires some license fee..it's more like DishTV now which supports Dolby but you will not find Dolby mentioned anywhere
I was referring to HD+ DVR box.

I personally feel to cut cost further they have removed Dolby certification logo from the box and also in the UI.
That could be true. So no Dolby or DD logo reference anywhere including UI and STB. Seems that is how they are giving it for a low price or free STB with Rs.3000 offer.

@Vadirocks Hope you remember!!. You also said you were asked about this issue with your sources and waiting for their response.
Please update on this.

Just zoom the image and see. The text was scrolling, so missed the letter D.
TgTzbt1.jpg
In Sony S-20R, it doesn`t show whether it is receiving Dolby from Tata Sky or any other inbuilt app. But experience wise, It is quite satisfactory about sound quality output. Also I have switched channels SD & HD together and SD channel has higher volume while HD channel has more clarity, depth in DD.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock