Dolby Digital / Dolby Digital Plus not working on Star HD Chanels

• Thread starter Thread starter dritesh007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 43
  • Views Views: Views 11,385
Can you please give us your set top box software version and type of this set top box mine is HD with pen drive recording option with 502 software version. I think there is bug in my software version cause on SPDIF its woking fine I m getting Dolby digital sound on all channel but on HDMI ONLY stereo on these DD+ channel please reply me.....

If you're getting Dolby digital through optical cable for Star HD channels, then the problem
with your hdmi cable, because Dolby digital plus is back ward compatible with any existing Dolby digital home theatre.

I also facing same problem. It is not HDMI cable fault. Its a star group error. The star group HD channels delivering only Dolby Digital and not Dolby Digital Plus. In my samsung HT if I select Dolby Digital or stereo thro HDMI port its fine. When I select DD+ then no audio. But all other HD channels (Sun TV HD, Sun Music HD, Zee HD, Colors HD , Movies now Plus, Sony PX HD, Ten Sports HD etc) are working fine with DD Plus. So don't dig your home theatre or TV. The problem will be settled by Star group.

mpvelu said:
I also facing same problem. It is not HDMI cable fault. Its a star group error. The star group HD channels delivering only Dolby Digital and not Dolby Digital Plus. In my samsung HT if I select Dolby Digital or stereo thro HDMI port its fine. When I select DD+ then no audio. But all other HD channels (Sun TV HD, Sun Music HD, Zee HD, Colors HD , Movies now Plus, Sony PX HD, Ten Sports HD etc) are working fine with DD Plus. So don't dig your home theatre or TV. The problem will be settled by Star group.

I am getting Dolby digital plus for Star HD channels through hdmi
Please make sure your HT is supporting DD+

dritesh007 is not getting even Dolby digital through hdmi

e5a2c6743491fa020e26b0e80a349e9c.jpg

Yes I think there is problem in software bug / version .which settopbox and software version are you using?

dritesh007 said:
Yes I think there is problem in software bug / version .which settopbox and software version are you using?

I am having HD recorder
Software version, Evening I can confirm, now in the office

Me too getting DD+ in available channels.
In my opinion it is a software bug from airtel (I'm also using HD DVR .. Please confirm normal HD/ HD+) receivers are capable to handle) If they change the option to pass through Audio or auto detect instead of Stereo/DD/DD+ in the option menu this will sort out problem. Or they can Add one more option to pass through. So your Supporting device ( TV/Audio Receiver) detect the correct audio format and encode accordingly.

Also I don't like Airtel's current Audio set up - If I select DD or DD+ I've to use the AVR remote to change the volume for SD & HD Channels. ( Carrying two remotes in hand to Change channel and Volume).

If I select Stereo , I don't get the real DD /DD+.

To get DD/DD+ I've to go back to Airtel menu and change the audio settings. This is annoying.

Earlier version ( When the DD was available through the SPDIF) it was much better.

Back
Top Bottom