Dolby Digital Surround Sound issue on Star World Premiere

Dear sadiq bro. is it worth to buy this AUDIO GEAR 5.1 OPTICAL, COAXIAL, STEREO TO 5.1 ANALOG CONVERTER,DECODER,XBOX,DTS | eBay product. i ordered this decoder four days back. is it really give 5.1 sound. and may i use normal coaxial( AV single cable) to connect coaxial output/input? pls reply.

jaidish said:
Dear sadiq bro. is it worth to buy this AUDIO GEAR 5.1 OPTICAL, COAXIAL, STEREO TO 5.1 ANALOG CONVERTER,DECODER,XBOX,DTS | eBay product. i ordered this decoder four days back. is it really give 5.1 sound. and may i use normal coaxial( AV single cable) to connect coaxial output/input? pls reply.

Yes it is worth. And yes, we can use normal AV cable to connect SPDIF.

Till now I didn't face any issue in the decoding and I am getting actual 5.1 surround sound for all HD channels and also from my Blue Ray player.

It can also simulate 5.1 for Stereo input (i.e. for SD channels or music CDs). I am facing one issue here only (but very rare). Suddenly the audio will be lower in front and high in the rear only for stereo. To get this solved, I used to change to a HD channel and then back to SD channel. This is a very rare scenario on selective channels and selective type of audio in the channel.

We also have a switch to have the output in 5.1 or 2.1. We will not face the above said problem in 2.1 for SD channels. Also, to solve the problem, instead of switching channels, you switch to 2.1 and then again to 5.1.

And brothers,

Let us not discuss about Sun HD channel issue here since it is broadcaster issue and we already moved some posts to TV Channel news section. Let us follow that issue in that thread itself :tup

As at today all Sun Network HD channels are still on PCM mode,seems its an audio issue at their end.

Sadiq said:

Till now I didn't face any issue in the decoding and I am getting actual 5.1 surround sound for all HD channels and also from my Blue Ray player.

It can also simulate 5.1 for Stereo input (i.e. for SD channels or music CDs). I am facing one issue here only (but very rare). Suddenly the audio will be lower in front and high in the rear only for stereo. To get this solved, I used to change to a HD channel and then back to SD channel. This is a very rare scenario on selective channels and selective type of audio in the channel.

We also have a switch to have the output in 5.1 or 2.1. We will not face the above said problem in 2.1 for SD channels. Also, to solve the problem, instead of switching channels, you switch to 2.1 and then again to 5.1.

i too using the same decoder bro,hw many years ur using tat?

Re: RE: Dolby Digital Surround Sound issue on Star World Premiere

gowrishankar said:
i too using the same decoder bro,hw many years ur using tat?
I am using it for about 1.5 years..

Sadiq said:

Hi Sadiq,
How do we know which one is selected, 2.1 or 5.1 since it is same button. What exactly is the difference?

I have the same but my 5.1 speaker system is very old. Not sure if thats the reason, i dont get 5.1'ish sound from rear speakers.

techalore said:
Hi Sadiq,
How do we know which one is selected, 2.1 or 5.1 since it is same button. What exactly is the difference?

I have the same but my 5.1 speaker system is very old. Not sure if thats the reason, i dont get 5.1'ish sound from rear speakers.

We cannot easily differentiate :)

I used to check the audio manually in rear speakers and center speaker.

Sadiq said:
I am getting 5.1 sound, but don't know if it is Dolby or PCM since I don't have a Digital Home Theater showing the input type.

But I am using a decoder which I bought from eBay last year and connecting the output to my analog 5.1 home theater. Refer the details in my old thread below.

.. [quote/]

I had called the d2h engineer today. He changed the mode in my sony home theatre dav570 from afd multi to 2 Ch stereo and then the surround sound came from the front two speakers only. So it is giving 2.1 sound but not 5.1 sound.

Could you please help as how I can get 5.1 sound, do I need any other system? Please reply.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock