Breaking Doordarshan closing Analog Transmission

Y
This is really nostalgic for me ! I still remember those days in the 90s when, I used to rotate the antenna on the terrace, and someone from d house wud shout " aa gaye signal/ chale gaye signal" -- " signal came/ signal gone" , and used to set the antenna in d direction of TV tower.

Truly end of an era, but it wud be difficult for many peole to even afford dd freedish.... d upfront cost they ll have to bear wud be around rs. 1000 - 1500.

We have many people still living on 100-200 rs per day income, how will they afford ?
You're too lucky your were Born in the 90s I Was Born on 2002 and still watch on analogue until 2006 My dad brought me Tata sky in My house it was My happiest day ever still missing 2004 - 2005 days

Y

You're too lucky your were Born in the 90s I Was Born on 2002 and still watch on analogue until 2006 My dad brought me Tata sky in My house it was My happiest day ever still missing 2004 - 2005 days

🥴

Never imagined a baby fond of analog era who only experienced little amount of life which exactly unmatured age. He have to remember era of 3G, LED tv, DTH dayz, touch phone etc. But not analog tv era.

Very less TVs actually support DTT tuner in these times. Lack of interest from Govt and people is the reason behind this. Any idea which TVs are having DTT support inbuilt?
Checked the specs of latest 4K TVs from OnePlus and AmazonBasics.....they don't even have RF port to connect the antenna :(

Me born in 2000. Don't have fond memories of analogue cable as Hungama TV was blurry. I missed most of Kochikame because of this. I don't know what kind of weird technology was this where few channels had good PQ while others were just unwatchable and bad. Thankfully, cable operator was dad's friend. He got some upgrade equipment where channel PQ improved. Still channels at later lcn were unwatchable.

Only good thing about this was getting DD channels when cable lines were down.

Me born in 2000. Don't have fond memories of analogue cable as Hungama TV was blurry. I missed most of Kochikame because of this. I don't know what kind of weird technology was this where few channels had good PQ while others were just unwatchable and bad. Thankfully, cable operator was dad's friend. He got some upgrade equipment where channel PQ improved. Still channels at later lcn were unwatchable.

Only good thing about this was getting DD channels when cable lines were down.
I am born in sep. 2001. But because of electricity issue I haven't watch tv till 2014.
I miss all the era's of analogue tv.
I saw analogue tv antenna first in my life in this thred.
Thank you all Members in this thred.

I in my life received Sri lanka channels
Csn tv for ipl
Channel eye for cricket
Sirasa
Shakthi tv for New Tamil movies
Derana tv
Itn Sri Lanka
Vasantham tv Tamil movies
Mtv channel one for English movies
Hiru for all Indian New movie
Rupavahini only Sinhala
Tnl tv
These channel available in India area from 2pm onwards
Now i m looking for good long range yagi antenna and vhf & uhf booster

Csn tv for ipl
Channel eye for cricket
Sirasa
Derana tv
Itn Sri Lanka
Rupavahini only Sinhala
Tnl tv

You're saying this? Back in 1990s we used to receive Bangladesh Television (now BTV World) and to some extent CNN on that paraphernalia. And Bangladesh Television (or BTV) was the most watched channel in our home at that time.

Csn tv for ipl
Channel eye for cricket
Sirasa
Derana tv
Itn Sri Lanka
Rupavahini only Sinhala
Tnl tv
Yes, We also got sri Lankan channel from antenna in my area Thiruvallur-601103

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock