Breaking Doordarshan closing Analog Transmission

Is there any plan to increase channel on DTT after this? Currently in my city, DTT transmit total 7 channels(5 TV, 2 FM). These are DD News, National, Sports 1.0, Bharati, Odia and FM Rainbow, Bibidha Bharati. The only benefit is that sports channel. It telecast 1.0 feed of DD Sports. So i can watch India international without paying star/sony. I hope they add more local channels. Preferably private local ones.

Is there any plan to increase channel on DTT after this? Currently in my city, DTT transmit total 7 channels(5 TV, 2 FM). These are DD News, National, Sports 1.0, Bharati, Odia and FM Rainbow, Bibidha Bharati. The only benefit is that sports channel. It telecast 1.0 feed of DD Sports. So i can watch India international without paying star/sony. I hope they add more local channels. Preferably private local ones.
10 channels is maximum per transmitter. To add more channels, they will need more transmitters.

I am in US. In my city, around 20 transmitters. Around 90 channels available with indoor antenna: Find Local TV Channels | Channel Master

In that site, you can enter a US Zip code and find all terrestrial channels in the zip code.

In Kerala,especially, in Kochi, DD National channel available on daytime & after 3 PM,DD Malayalam channel available in the place of DD National using Yagi antenna.

I remembered my childhood. At that time we were using terrestrial antenna of 14 stick because DDK transmitter is just 10km way from my home. But due to geographical condition we were unable to receive a clear signal from transmitter. At that time we getting DD 1 NATIONAL (hindi rashtriya prasaran) for full day and DD 10 SAHYADRI (Marathi pradeshik vaahini) at morning from 8.00 am to 9.15 am and at evening from 2.30pm to 8.00 pm. At that time Some news bulletin was very popular like 7 chya Batmya (marathi news bulletin) Samaachaar (8 pm hindi news bulletin) & The News (8.15pm english news bulletin)
In 1999 onwards cable tv connections increased and instead of ddk signals we were getting cable channels like Alpha tv Marathi, Zee TV, Asian Music, Home tv on our antenna because high capacity cable line splitter were installed by cable operator in our area and signals were very stronger than ddk transmitter. Hence signals were overlapping. Some times video of dd channel were playing and audio were from cable channels it was looking very funny.

10 channels is maximum per transmitter. To add more channels, they will need more transmitters.

I am in US. In my city, around 20 transmitters. Around 90 channels available with indoor antenna: Find Local TV Channels | Channel Master

In that site, you can enter a US Zip code and find all terrestrial channels in the zip code.
99 channels including CBS, FOX, Bein Sports etc are available in New York 😱. That's too in HD quality. In India, i think top 40-50 cities with population more than 10 lakh can easily implement this.

Last edited:
99 channels including CBS, FOX, Bein Sports etc are available in New York 😱. That's too in HD quality. In India, i think top 40-50 cities with population more than 10 lakh can easily implement this.
yes, now they are implementing the ATSC 3.0 system with which 4K channels also can be transmitted. I don't know much details. @Bulgari bro, can u give some updated on this

Yes. It's giving a good competition for cable and DTH providers.

yes, now they are implementing the ATSC 3.0 system with which 4K channels also can be transmitted. I don't know much details. @Bulgari bro, can u give some updated on this
Right now a few cities only. Not in my city yet.

Not just 4K, but OTT content also: Spotlight ATSC 3.0 - ATSC : NextGen TV

We could soon be getting prime video and netflix with just an indoor or outdoor antenna o_O

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock