DTh operators are looting in the name of STB warranty

RE: D2h is looting

Sadiq said:
I actually opted the upgrade myself based on the below offer.

afhvBuN.png

Actual cost is Rs.2000 for a new box.

P9DRm6P.png

I wanted to have RF remote that is why upgraded. Everyone's expectation is different and the understanding too. Love? May be since I didn't face much problem with them in the last 2 years of my tenure with D2H.

Since you are a satellite tracker and aware of all the satellite equipment, you are going with the best option but all others are not aware of such things. And their need is to get Videocon D2H channels only. So, they cannot spend Rs.3000 for that. So considering that Rs.999 is not a bigger amount.

Bro, plz clear say that the box is of inferior quality & what would you have done if there will no option to opt upgrade software.

And 3000/- is less amount for Dth & other sats, I pay almost 400/- to D2h that means 4800/- per year. ok :)

vijay mahanta said:
Bro, plz clear say that the box is of inferior quality & what would you have done if there will no option to opt upgrade software.

And 3000/- is less amount for Dth & other sats, I pay almost 400/- to D2h that means 4800/- per year. ok :)

I agree that we have to pay the full amount if there is no option to upgrade. But my box showed these problems after 2 years whereas the warranty for the box is 1 year only.

Please note that I am not supporting D2H here. It happened to me with Airtel as well. I faced some issues in the picture after 1.5 years. The engineer visited and changed the adapter and asked me to pay Rs.250 as the replacement cost.

And, why are you paying Rs.4800 per year? It is just Rs.399 per year (not per month) for SD box and Rs.499 per (not per month) for HD box.

Sadiq said:
I agree that we have to pay the full amount if there is no option to upgrade. But my box showed these problems after 2 years whereas the warranty for the box is 1 year only.

Please note that I am not supporting D2H here. It happened to me with Airtel as well. I faced some issues in the picture after 1.5 years. The engineer visited and changed the adapter and asked me to pay Rs.250 as the replacement cost.

And, why are you paying Rs.4800 per year? It is just Rs.399 per year (not per month) for SD box and Rs.499 per (not per month) for HD box.

Bro, I am talking about the subscription rate which I pay 4800/- & in server it is 3000/- per year which will open any dth. ok

vijay mahanta said:
Bro, I am talking about the subscription rate which I pay 4800/- & in server it is 3000/- per year which will open any dth. ok

If you are talking about subscription amount and comparing it with one time investment of Rs.3000, it is a benefit that I agree.

But I am not sure why all the ~10 million customers of D2H and other million customers of other DTH are going for monthly subscription. Why are they not doing like you bro?

D2h is looting

vijay mahanta said:
not every dth bro, only Dishtv & Sun,
Btw it's illegal, so don't talk about it openly.

Sadiq said:
If you are talking about subscription amount and comparing it with one time investment of Rs.3000, it is a benefit that I agree.

But I am not sure why all the ~10 million customers of D2H and other million customers of other DTH are going for monthly subscription. Why are they not doing like you bro?

@Vijay: Waiting for your reply. So that the other million customers will also get benefited.

Gssran said:
not every dth bro, only Dishtv & Sun,
Btw it's illegal, so don't talk about it openly.

So, we should pay the subscription and we cannot call it as looting since it is the legal way of getting channels right bro?

Sadiq said:
@Vijay: Waiting for your reply. So that the other million customers will also get benefited.

So, we should pay the subscription and we cannot call it as looting since it is the legal way of getting channels right bro?

Bro I am saying again that I am not hurt by the subcription but by the inferrior hardware of d2h which many people have reported and faced & try to acknowledge it. :k

D2h is looting

Sadiq said:
Yupp, Right bro,
I have Rs.3000 setup, but I am still paying 13000+ for TS per Year.

D2h is looting

But Vijay bro, this is not only in d2h, in every dth you have to pay extra after warranty expires in stb replacement.

vijay mahanta said:
Bro I am saying again that I am not hurt by the subcription but by the inferrior hardware of d2h which many people have reported and faced & try to acknowledge it. :k

Ok bro. Let us review what we talked till now in this thread.

1. Yes, you complained about inferior quality of the box.
2. I said, the box is coming with 1 year warranty only (for any DTH).
3. I also said, we have to pay the service charges for solving the problems in the STB after 1 year.
4. I also asked you to upgrade to the new STB which is stable as per reviews.
5. You asked me what would I do if there is no upgrade option.
6. You also said, paying Rs.4800 per year to D2H is bigger amount when comparing Rs.3000 for the open box.
7. I explained you that it is not Rs.4800 per year and it is just Rs.400 per year as extended warranty of the box.
8. You said, you are talking about the monthly subscription of Rs.400 per month that you are paying to D2H.
9. I told you, if comparing monthly subscription with one time investment of Rs.3000, the you are getting benefited.
10. I also asked you why other million customers are paying monthly subscription instead of going with your option.
11.Now you are coming back to inferior quality of the box which is point#1

So, my answers are same. You can read point#2 for the answering your recent question.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock