Seeking Help Airtel Changed Plan Based On Recharge In The Name Of UPP

Jagadeesh

Contributor
Reaction score
I Have Changed My Packs Under Trai Rules Which Amounted 353rs Per Month On March 30th. Then, On April 3rd I Recharged For 2 Months Amounting 706 Through Self Care. But Last Week, I Came To Know That Recharge Now Notifications Are On Screen. I Checked My Balance Which Was Just Under 120rs. I Was Shocked. My Plan Was Also Changed. The New Plan Costs Me More Than 900rs And That's Why My Balance Has Been Decreased. I Never Activated That Plan As That One Was Orissa Mega HD. I Immediately Raised This Issue Via Twitter And They Called Me Back. They Told Me That This New Plan Has Been Automatically Migrated For Me Under TRAI Rules. I Said That I Already Changed My Packed According To My Wishes Under Trai Rules And Further Asked Them Why You Should Again Migrate..? They Keep On Giving Some Reasons But I Said I Want Refund. They Said They Cannot Provide Refund. Then They Further Went On Saying That This Pack Was Activated Through UPP. I Said, I Am Not Responsible For This And Asked For The Refund. After Some Talk, They Said Me That, Refund Department Will Get In Touch With Me For This. But I Got A DM In Twitter Saying That Your Request Cannot Be Processed And A Thanks. I Again Asked For A Clarification And Solution. But For The Past 5 Days, No One Called Me But They Went On Saying No Response From My End And Asked Me For Suitable Time To Call. Today, I Sent Them The Preferred Time For The 4th Time And Finally Got The Call. They Said They Cannot Process Refund. I Said I Will Terminate My Relationship With Airtel. Then They Said They ll Provide 100rs For Being A Valuable Customer To Them. I Said Thanks And Asked For Nodal's E-Mail Address For Which They Gave Me DTH's Customer Care E-Mail ID. I Asked For Nodal ID Again. But They Said That They Will Escalate To Nodal Team. I Found Nodal E-Mail ID And Number From TRAI Website And Checked With Them. They Told That Is Correct. I Called Them Today, But The Call Keeps Disconnecting While Transferring From IVR To Executive. I Never Faced This Kinda Issue With Airtel. I Have 2 DTH, 1 Broadband, 1 Landline And 4 Prepaid Connections. Never Faced The Worst Issue Like This. Please Help Me With A Suggestion.

@Gobinaath @Vadirocks @Siva Bros Your Help Will Be Highly Helpfull.

Send Mail To Net Team & TRAI

Demand For Refund!

Airtel nodal desk seems to be nothing but just an extension of their CC, when we call nodal they create a service request (SR) number which wont be visible via MyAirtelAPP also cant be viewed via Airtel portal also hidden from CC so noway to know the status. They simply seem to investigate internally and close the service request without calling the customers. When we call nodal again a new staff will respond and will again create a new SR and this will repeat even for the 10th call.

Also their Appellate desk is silent on emails. I have personal experience myself. Only after demanding service cancellation we have to reply on face that their poor service alone is responsible for cancellation otherwise they will say thanks, account will be closed within 24 hrs. The same is with their account closing team, they dont seem to care either.

Not only DTH, even their mobile nodal is pathetic, they will simply say we need a new tower and if possible give our roof for their tower. :mad:

Last edited:
Yes they are doing this for some connections. Another ridiculous thing by Airtel. Instead of migrating only the old subscribers, they are also migrating those who already selected their plan as per the new rules. I have noticed this yesterday in one of the connections I manage for my relatives and immediately selected new plan again. Thankfully, the plan they have auto selected was Kerala Value SD Plus which is of the same cost of what we selected, around 300. So there's no impact even if we didn't notice this. They might have auto migrated you to much higher valued plan, because you might have been using costlier plan before the new rules. Nevertheless, it's their mistake and you can send an email to Nodal and TRAI to get this resolved.

Lurking in this forum long enough has made me believe that Airtel software systems are crap. I always worried that Dish TV had the most pathetic online portals before getting the connection but I was pleasantly surprised. It is good and does the job. Obviously, Tata Sky is still the best.

Yes they are doing this for some connections. Another ridiculous thing by Airtel. Instead of migrating only the old subscribers, they are also migrating those who already selected their plan as per the new rules. I have noticed this yesterday in one of the connections I manage for my relatives and immediately selected new plan again. Thankfully, the plan they have auto selected was Kerala Value SD Plus which is of the same cost of what we selected, around 300. So there's no impact even if we didn't notice this. They might have auto migrated you to much higher valued plan, because you might have been using costlier plan before the new rules. Nevertheless, it's their mistake and you can send an email to Nodal and TRAI to get this resolved.
Bro, They Are Now Talking About UPP Recharge. After TRAI Rules, It Exists..?

Bro, They Are Now Talking About UPP Recharge. After TRAI Rules, It Exists..?
Yes, UPP is available for many packs.
That's why we should always do recharge by the amount which is multiple of 5.

Last edited:
No Anna it's nothing related to the trai traiff migration it's already done & dusted

@Jagadeesh bro done recharge for UPP plan unfortunately so the plan is auto migrated it's a Ramzan offer which was I already shared here earlier by me

So I hope this also happens in ur issue too 👉DDF Exclusive - Beware Airtel Is Changing Base Packs Without Your Knowledge

it's always safe to do multiple of 10 (200 , 300 , 400 etc...) .. ifossible will share whole Ramzan offer UPP later

Regards

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock