DTH's are in under pressure.

• Thread starter SKRMECH
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 25
  • Views: Views 5,805

SKRMECH

Reaction score
Hi friends.... Dth service providers are in under pressure cause of CABLE DIGITIZATION in india.
I think 90% people switched to dth for better pic quality, better sound. But now digitization will be available with in a month intialy main cities of india and after all over india. Digital cable also can provide equal pic & audio quality to dth with in low cost compared to dth. So what are the things going to do by dth service providers to retain their customers........

OKey.. But digitization surely come... That time how dth's going to face huge competition from digital cable

In tamilnadu, whole digitization takes place only after 2-3 years.
Till that time DTH will rule

I am also waiting for this competition to start...
DTH Vs Digital Cable will be beneficial for subscriber... :)

whenever you travel in train and see outside the window the houses are very scarce and less, but almost each house has a dish many houses are far away from each other and cable tv is not popular in those areas ,only in metro cities you find more of cable tv popularity also in small cities the cable tv operator only shows max of regional channels, so for people who want to watch hindi channels in TN, they maximum go with dth. Also people who dont want the monthly intrudance of cable tv person in their premises will go for dth. DTH has its own benefits there are lots of cities in india where only in main commercial areas you have cable tv with good quality and quantity of channels, during 2006-07 i lived in b class city and the cable service was so pathetic every 15 days you need to call the cable person to rectify some issue, and only some channels were powerful the uhf band channels always came in very bad quality. we got so fed up that got dish tv, which was very good, but then after shifting to chennai here cable tv is popular so that dish tv dish im using as fta for dd direct and cable tv gives channels.

DTH operators can do more publicity in small cities where there are more chances of their sales, Also competition speaks, if tomorrow digitization comes, and consumers are getting more channels at competitive rates then dth operators also need to bring their prices comparative.

The factual scenario will emerge, when digitization comes into effect in the metro cities in India. DTH has its own advantages, but digital cable also trying its level best to compete. Hathway mumbai already has 20 HD channels, if i am not wrong.

One issue i want to take up is distortion in DTH signals in heavy rain. I have been using Tata sky HD on a 90cm mcbs dish, and during heavy rains also signal quality has not detoriated.

i want to ask apart from digitization issue, should DTH providers opt for bigger dishes to maintain signal quality in heavy rains? (especially north east India, where there is rain almost throughout the year), in order to have an advantage over digital cable, which doesnt get affected due to heavy rains... :huh

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock