DVR slowness and hang up issues

The slowness / freezing issue during recording playback is being faced by users with TS HD+ DVRs only. It appears to be a sw issue as the problem started recently after migration to mpeg4 started.

Mpeg4 migration causing DVR problems looks strange, may be now it will take more time to resolve this weird issue.
Atleast good that TS is aware of the problem & cause of the problem so may be SW update is required to resolve this issue.

Those who all are facing freezing and slowness issue to them I request you'll to get your dishes re-aligned as I have done that and my issue is solved
Note- I had this problem on Videocon d2h hd stb 2011 and got it resolved after realignment

jaysheezy said:
Those who all are facing freezing and slowness issue to them I request you'll to get your dishes re-aligned as I have done that and my issue is solved
Note- I had this problem on Videocon d2h hd stb 2011 and got it resolved after realignment

The issue does not happen on live TV. It happens when you playback recorded SD content. Sometimes picture freezes and you have to rewind a little bit and play again and it plays normally. Therefore it is not related to dish alignment.

Personally after my STB was updated to sw version 116, I have not noticed the issue any more.

NinadG said:
Mpeg4 migration causing DVR problems looks strange, may be now it will take more time to resolve this weird issue.
Atleast good that TS is aware of the problem & cause of the problem so may be SW update is required to resolve this issue.

Dvr responding slowly not for s/w issue.Technician told me that dvr respond slowly when hard disk get corrupt.So it's not s/w issue,it's H/w issue.So,S/w update is not the solution to resolve this issue.Same thing will happen after S/w update.I think tata sky need to use advanced HDD for dvr stbs.Can anyone knows which brand of hard disk tata sky using?

karanrudra93 said:
Dvr responding slowly not for s/w issue.Technician told me that dvr respond slowly when hard disk get corrupt.So it's not s/w issue,it's H/w issue.So,S/w update is not the solution to resolve this issue.Same thing will happen after S/w update.I think tata sky need to use advanced HDD for dvr stbs.Can anyone knows which brand of hard disk tata sky using?

I really don't have much faith in the technician's knowledge. They say something very confidently and when challenged, are unable to respond and lose their confidence. TS uses the best hardware for HD+ boxes made by Pace. They will not use substandard hard disks. If it had been a hardware issue, why would so many users suddenly develop the same problem at the same time? On the other hand even HDDs manufactured by the best brands like Seagate, Western Digital and Samsung have been known to fail within a short time of being put to use - it's all a matter of luck!

We may be looking at 2 different issues here. Difficulty and slowness in actually accessing or playing recordings may be a HDD issue. Playback of recordings freezing and resuming normally after a short manual rewind would point to a software bug as would channels changing automatically (which could also be due to TS conducting tests).

Changing the DVR means you most likely get a refurbished replacement DVR and also lose all your recordings. It is an easy solution for the techs but not a very desirable one from the customers point of view.

@jdrocks.May be u r right bro,this is S/w issue.Today I again faced this problem with my replaced stb.This is not hardware issue.Tata sky techinician don't have calibre to rectify the problems of stb.So,stb replacement is easy step for them.I lost 53% of recording.:angry:angry

yesterday I had put tare zameen par on zee cinema hd for recording

while watching I found picture was freezing for every 2 min, sometime it happen while some movement occurs

my ts hd+ download id 116

Now a strange problem is occurring to me for the last 5 days...that is when i press the power button in the remote when the STB is in STand by Mode it takes almost 20 - 25 secs to get the pictures .....I feel like the STB is getting rebooted each and every time.....this happens only when the programs are not recorded in stand by mode.....

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock