• Replies: Replies 4
  • Views: Views 1,258

Do you like Airtel's Offer Channels?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

apuw

Reaction score
I have recently been noticing that Airtel has added a lot of their "Offer" Channels in between normal payed TV channels. It has been so excessive that if you browse even two channels here and there you will come across some kind of Airtel's Offer channel.

They seem to be milking the DTH experience and degrading it. As paying customers we shouldn't be inconvenienced by such tactics.

Does anyone know a way to completely skip/bypass these channels? I would really appreciate some insight in this regard.

Thanks for the info @Optimus_Prime. There are a lot of these Offer/Promotional channels from Airtel, according the list by @shawl_who in the stickied "airtel digital TV Channel List" thread there are about 21 of these!

That is indeed excessive. There are five offer channels (098-104) before the first normal TV channel Star Plus, then another just two channels ahead (107), three more again after a gap of two or so channels (110, 113, 118), then after a few channels there is the so called Customer Care channel (121) but most of the day it shows offers.
After some respite again the onslaught of Airtel's Offer channels begins inserted between the Hindi & English movie Channels there are three more promotional channels (210, 218, 242).
They have even added these offer channels between the news channels disrupting important news browsing (310, 314). Even the kids aren't spared, an offer channel has been specifically put before cartoon channels (444).
Again two offer channels have been put between music channels (485, 493) completely ruining the music listening one might be enjoying.
Another Offer channel between the regional Bhojpuri channels (656) and a last one placed before the Tamil channels (743).

Notice the lack of promotional channels after the regional channels start, they know where their major subscriber base is and what is being watched, i.e., North India being the primary base for Airtel and categories such as News, Entertainment, etc. are being watched and have placed these promotional channels strategically in between the channels that fit this tier.

I am completely against such disruption of services especially when we are already paying exorbitant prices for these services.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock