Future of Sun Direct

Bishnu15

Contributor
Reaction score
Today I had a talk with Sun Direct Kolkata Zonal Head. I asked him what was the reason behind removing ETV Rajasthan ? He replied that Sun Direct is always committed towards customers. Before removing a channel of the same genre they add a new channel of the same genre. He said, before removing ETV Rajasthan, they added DD Rajasthan. According to him DD -Rajasthan NO.1 Rajasthani channel. I also enquired why did they remove ETV Odia then without adding new Odia Channel ? He replied in ROI Odia is the only place where Sun Direct is not much in demand. Moreover, he added the viewership of ETV Odia was also declining compared to DD -Odia. He said, in the near future Sun Direct may add back ETV Odia provided demand of Sun Direct in Odhisa increases. He said then, inspite of the loss incurred in Odhisa by Sun, they are still giving DD -Odia & OTV in every base packs. In the near future OTV might shift to Odia Free Top Up. He also said Sun Direct is committed in adding ROI Channels as well thats why they added DD -North East with a prime focus to capture Assamese market. Now they have 4 North - Eastern channels under their kitty - DD -North East, News Live , Focus NE & Nepal 1. As far as Bengali is concerned they are planning to launch few more Bengali channels but as of now they are happy with the 10 Bengali Channels they are providing : DD -Bangla, Star Jalsha, ABP Ananda, Zee Bangla, Aakash Aath, ETV Bangla, Sangeet Bangla, Star Utsav Bangla, Discovery Bangla & NGC Bangla. As of now, he said, No New Bengali Channels on Sun Direct. In the near future Sony Six HD might also be added he said. He also said Sun Direct is planning to launch Star Jalsha & Star Pravah on all base packs except Mega Pack. He said that customers would be benifitted with this as for those customers who do not choose Bengali as there free regional top up will also get Star Jalsha in their pack. He also said that talks are going on to add Samaya News 24X7 in ROI Packs as well as it is a news channel. When asked whether they will add Zee Anmol or Rishtey in the future he replied Sun Direct already added DD -India India's NO.1 FTA Hindi Entertainment Channel. So no chance of Zee Anmol & Rishtey as of now. May be in the near future. He finally said the additions of Sony Six, DD - Madhya Pradesh etc would definitely please ROI customers as well and many would be incilned to go for Sun Direct in the near future. Please reply friends. Sun Direct threards always remain vacant without any replies nothing. Please please post your valuable comments that gives me encouragement to post new threads on sun direct. Remember, Sun Direct is the cheapest dth of Asia. This thread should not remain vacant come what may.

I am asking a question can DD -Rajasthan match ETV Rajsthan ? Which one of the two channels is more popular ? Please reply.

Sun Direct is always caring about its own network channels. According to them Other channels are crap.
If the same trend continues, every one knows the "Future" of Sun Direct.

But still I am confuse about one thing is there is any bangla feed of Star Utsav is Star Utsav Bangla exists i am always see @Bishnu15 is talking about Star Utsav Bangla in Sun Direct.

only after MEASAT 3B satellite is launched which will provide them new transponders

Depends on their intentions.
Measat 3B is slated to be launched in 2 months time, may be then SD can add more chnls from new TPs. :k

shawl_who said:
Depends on their intentions.
Measat 3B is slated to be launched in 2 months time, may be then SD can add more chnls from new TPs. :k

It also depends on how fast ISRO processes the renting procedures as any foreign satellite has to go through ISRO to provide capacities to Indian operator

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock