General Discussion about Airtel Digital TV

• Thread starter Thread starter sundaresh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 28,766
  • Views Views: Views 4,014,186
Adding HD channels is a difficult things considering that one has to have good number of subscribers willing to opt fpr them but i am unable to comprehend why airtel has not added Zee Anmol Cinema till now. They are having extremely good partnership with Zee but still avoiding launching such a basic channel to its line up. Even small cable operators are providing this channel as it hardly costs anything, i guess airtel has access to it but knowingly kept it out just like Tata Sky has done with 9XO.

Just like airtel till now not added NGC Wild HD but they always add star Group HD channel on launching day Itself

Bhai those HD channels having immense demand from subscriber end or for which broadcasters are willing to pay carriage amount for initial placement , they get added on an urgent basis while others get placed in pending list. I am fine with that, we can't expect airtel to get all of them on board when there is very limited audience for it, they have to balance between what they need to pay to broadcasters & revenue generated. I am just surprised that Z Anmol Cinema has been given a miss till now, it costs pennies and clubbed in all bouquet of Zee, even SD channel consumes less bandwidth still airtel ia acting so choosy

MUMBAI: Bharti Airtel’s direct to home (DTH) arm Airtel Digital TV has seen a 1.24% dip in its operating profit at Rs 396 crore for the quarter ended 30 September compared to Rs 401 crore in the trailing quarter.

EBITDA margin fell to 38.7% as against 40.4% in the previous quarter. The company’s EBIT declined 8.5% to Rs 190.5 crore compared to Rs 208.4 crore.

The DTH operator’s revenue increased by 3.24% at Rs 1024.2 crore as against Rs 992.4 crore.

Airtel Digital TV Q2 EBITDA falls amid rev growth; net subs addition at 133K

Back
Top Bottom