General Discussion about Airtel Digital TV

• Thread starter Thread starter sundaresh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 28,766
  • Views Views: Views 4,014,186
i had total 41 channels something before
now im having 99 channels, some FTAtamil, hindi news, kannada, malayalam, telegu channels have been added automatically . i just noticed it,
why is that guys ?
im sick of changing my package all the time

but inside package details
it only says 25 fta channels in use
Those are FTA complementary channels.
@Choco7905 bro, airtel has removed fingerprints in many hd channels ie Sony hd, max hd, Sony espn hd even in star sports 1 hd and star sports 2 hd, think airtel has removed it's it from last days can you confirm it.
Will check & confirm you but as far as I know watermark is present on these channels.
I have been charged ₹199 as NCF, I think it includes extra NCF.
Yes, it includes extra NCF but for some extra NCF is shown in IDV.

Last edited:
Those are FTA complementary channels.

i know it bro , im wondering how FTA tamil, hindi news, kannada, malayalam, telegu channels have been added automatically ,
originally it should be 41 channels you know what i mean
me and my friend have pretty much same package and he doesnt have this issue

my home phone is registered with Airtel DTH,,,
someone from airtel calls and activated "Lets Dance" channel... my mom picked up the phone, and she cant speak hindi...

now, how to de-activate that channel?? CC saying i need to re-create whole package, is it true....?? or she is noob..

i know it bro , im wondering how FTA tamil, hindi news, kannada, malayalam, telegu channels have been added automatically ,
originally it should be 41 channels you know what i mean
me and my friend have pretty much same package and he doesnt have this issue
They're randomly activating it on customer's account. Don't worry about it, it'll not take network capacity.

my home phone is registered with Airtel DTH,,,
someone from airtel calls and activated "Lets Dance" channel... my mom picked up the phone, and she cant speak hindi...

now, how to de-activate that channel?? CC saying i need to re-create whole package, is it true....?? or she is noob..
CC is right. Adding/removing any channel on old pack will automatically change your pack to new plan.

I think it's a bit unfair to just put blame on operators for requesting ARP subscribers to migrate on new plans. Operators have to pay broadcasters as per new framework w.e.f. 1st Feb and keeping this in mind TRAI should have clearly informed broadcasters too that ARP subscribers will not come under this ambit till their pack validity expires. Doing so would have ensured that operators did not feel worried about paying extra differential amount to operators for these ARP subscribers and hence not in a hurry to make them switch on urgent basis.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom