General Discussion about Airtel Digital TV

• Thread starter Thread starter sundaresh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 28,766
  • Views Views: Views 4,014,201
My ADTV plan expired on 10th Jan and I had decided not to renew it further as the monthly rental was getting hiked by almost 300/- thanks to TRAI. However, till 9th Feb, I was able to view the FTA channels, even though my account balance was 0. On 10th Feb, the STB started displaying a card error message for all except the Airtel promotional channels. That seemed to be the end of it, or so I thought, and disconnected the STB.

A week ago, as I was just about to toss the STB in the trash, I decided to give it one last try. To my surprise, all DD and most FTA channels (those showing FREE appended to the channel name) had started working again. So I waited a week to see whether Airtel would block them again, but they're still working :)

Is this a precursor to TRAI's mandate regarding the portability of STBs by the year end?

I am Truely impressed with Airtel Make My Pack Channel. Just for Check Added Channel Through Airtel Make My Pack LCN 998. Channel Activated Within 2 Minutes. They Really Improved This. Also My NCF Not Increased.

Homeshop18 no more in decrypted mode, also ICooking removed from complimentary pack.

Not connected with airtel specifically but just like to mention that Comedy Central name written in hindi on its logo today as part of April Fool's Day celebration

R bharat, republic tv, aaj tak, ndtv india and dd channels as well removed from fta not working on my susp. conection

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom