General Discussion about Airtel Xstream Devices

• Thread starter Thread starter DonJon
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 587
  • Views Views: Views 99,896
bcoz operators create infrastructure to carry content and aggregation is best way to expand content portfolio rather than themselves tying up with various channels which is a very difficult & time consuming process..... Distro TV as a platform has agreement with various national + International Channels so an operator can simply sign deal with them and get access to these channels
Why they can't afford for infra as top DTH/app players? but they are streaming some of distro channels, not all.

Why they can't afford for infra as top DTH/app players? but they are streaming some of distro channels, not all.
Why should they unnecessarily increase expenditure when alternative solution serves the purpose in cost effective manner....much like why Wynk App is being shutdown and tie up with Apple Music has been done

Why should they unnecessarily increase expenditure when alternative solution serves the purpose in cost effective manner....much like why Wynk App is being shutdown and tie up with Apple Music has been done
Now Airtel is leading no.2 ISP, so they should concentrate and invests on its digital app and digital live tv channels instead of depends on other apps as broadband ARPU higher than DTH ARPU.

Now Airtel is leading no.2 ISP, so they should concentrate and invests on its digital app and digital live tv channels instead of depends on other apps as broadband ARPU higher than DTH ARPU.

They already are and yet again u have misunderstood what is the meaning of what i have stated in my post.... Airtel already has live tv channels and various other OTT apps on its XStream Play Platform and they r expanding content portfolio on regular basis....tie ups with 3rd party content providers is a separate thing which all operators do so as to optimize use of its resources and scale up growth

They already are and yet again u have misunderstood what is the meaning of what i have stated in my post.... Airtel already has live tv channels and various other OTT apps on its XStream Play Platform and they r expanding content portfolio on regular basis....tie ups with 3rd party content providers is a separate thing which all operators do so as to optimize use of its resources and scale up growth
My point is Jio fiber provides 500+FTA digital channels as a no.1 ISP, Airtel(no.2 ISP) also should provide atleast 250 FTA digital channels on its xstream play app to its fiber users as they get more revenue from fiber users than DTH users.

My point is Jio fiber provides 500+FTA digital channels as a no.1 ISP, Airtel(no.2 ISP) also should provide atleast 250 FTA digital channels on its xstream play app to its fiber users as they get more revenue from fiber users than DTH users.
Already answered this question, live tv channels count will be further increased on XStream Play App and most likely thru App/ IPTV this service will also be made available soon on Android TV App.....lastly Jio Fibre may have more subscribers but Airtel still leads in my observation as far as quality of service is concerned, just like in Telecom business too Airtel has more postpaid subscribers and more popular in Mega Cities, Tier/1/2 towns and now they r also gaining good stronghold in rural areas where prepaid connections r more common bcoz of good service quality..... Similarly in Broadband too Jio may have expanded to a wider subscriber base in shorter time bcoz of its highly affordable offering + freebies but still Airtel is going strong and expanding its presence in rural areas + smaller towns too via XStream Fibre / Air Fibre

Lot more content added under "Free" Tab / Category on Airtel XStream Play OTT App

From last 3 days my brother Xstream box rebooting in seconds. It not gives time to go for setting do needfully.

Channel Reset & Application Reset option not solved the problem.

So,

I done my trick here.

Removed Antenna Cable from STB, then it gives me time to select settings option, then gone to format factory.

Everything resolved. Rebooting issue resolved.

Back
Top Bottom