Discussion General discussion about Movies

A filmmaker who is depending on controversy to make his film hit, should not lecture, before bahubali, most from Bollywood used to think hindi represent indian film industry.
The situation is more or less same, some dumb actors from Bollywood still think hindi as national language of India
What controversy did his recent movie Gangubai Kathiawadi generated? In South movie audience are less conservative towards actual gods as they
worship their stars. You don't get same freedom as Southern states in ROI to make movies. Meanwhile you guys forget that movies like Sivaji, Robot existed long before Bahubali. Long before Bahubali dubbed movies were thriving on TV. So this argument is baseless.

You guys make fun of OTT movies. Guess what a Amazon Studios movie beat RRR at Golden Globes? Waiting for 1985 Argentina's english version to enjoy it properly. Even biggest critic of streaming original movie Steven Speilberg has signed a Netflix deal.

What controversy did his recent movie Gangubai Kathiawadi generated? In South movie audience are less conservative towards actual gods as they
worship their stars. You don't get same freedom as Southern states in ROI to make movies. Meanwhile you guys forget that movies like Sivaji, Robot existed long before Bahubali. Long before Bahubali dubbed movies were thriving on TV. So this argument is baseless.
What about padmavat & bajirao mastani, distorted history & tons of controversy, gangubai topic is itself debated. Dubbed movies existed before bahubali but people used to make fun of those movies. I am watching south movies since long, some andhbhakt of Bollywood called me crap for watching south movie, so south audience are crap according to a Bollywood lover.
Even in this forum, some people bashing sony max & at the same time praising a south remake. I have watched many Bollywood movies in theaters but lately Bollywood filmmakers are just giving gyan in movies. I have no problem with pk like some andhbhakt. I will watch pathan on 26 th Jan.
I support ssr statement because many foreigners still think RRR is a Bollywood movie. Bollywood don't deserve credit for RRR

What about padmavat & bajirao mastani, distorted history & tons of controversy, gangubai topic is itself debated.
We all know it wasn't historians who were debating historical distortion. And these are stories inspired by history. You cannot make a historical movie without adding a bit of fiction to it. It would be bland.
Dubbed movies existed before bahubali but people used to make fun of those movies. I am watching south movies since long, some andhbhakt of Bollywood called me crap for watching south movie, so south audience are crap according to a Bollywood lover.
There are both good and cringy kinds of movies dubbed. Meanwhile I had compared to bigger ones like Sivaji, Robot etc. These were box office successes.
Even in this forum, some people bashing sony max & at the same time praising a south remake.
Because Sony Max was hoarding a massive bollywood library. They were giving airtime to South movies while keeping most bollywood titles off air.
I have watched many Bollywood movies in theaters but lately Bollywood filmmakers are just giving gyan in movies. I have no problem with pk like some andhbhakt. I will watch pathan on 26 th Jan.
I support ssr statement because many foreigners still think RRR is a Bollywood movie. Bollywood don't deserve credit for RRR
Sorry to say brother you went from hating andh bhakts to being one with that gyan talk. Bollywood didn't tried taking credit for RRR. If foreigners are having misconceptions about RRR being bollywood movie is it's their fault. Not bollywood's fault. IMO it is potrayed as Indian Cinema on media not Bollywood cinema.

8 Hindi speaking states are there in India. Not a single state has their own film industry even in this age when anyone can make movies.

Sorry to say brother you went from hating andh bhakts to being one with that gyan talk. Bollywood didn't tried taking credit for RRR. If foreigners are having misconceptions about RRR being bollywood movie is it's their fault. Not bollywood's fault. IMO it is potrayed as Indian Cinema on media not Bollywood cinema.
By andhbhakt, I mean bhakts from both pro & anti sides. Anti side always finding mistakes even if there is nothing & pro side like there is everything right even if something is not.
Foreigners having misconception, because bollywood itself present as indian film industry. Remember recent statement of John, will not work in regional movies. Just check the word regional. This shows the arrogance of bollywood. You will find many such examples. Now as bollywood is lagging, SLB remember India.
Look bro, I understand you love bollywood movies. As I said in last statement I watched many movies in cinema hall that includes bollywood, bengali & south. But bollywood need to understand what they are doing wrong instead of taking part in bollywood vs regional debate.

In bengali industry, last year many movies are hit & break even and almost 99 percent movies are made for intellectual audience rather than mass. But they got profit because the budget of bengali movies are in the range of 2-4 crore. The collection is coming from Kolkata & surrounding region. Those movies i didn't work in small town & rural region. There is a saying about bollywood lately that they are making movies for Mumbai only. Bengali industry is working with Kolkata tactics because budget is extremely low. But this tactics will not work for bollywood because in bollywood a newcomer actress is getting 1-2 crore, forget about making movies

You guys make fun of OTT movies. Guess what a Amazon Studios movie beat RRR at Golden Globes? Waiting for 1985 Argentina's english version to enjoy it properly. Even biggest critic of streaming original movie Steven Speilberg has signed a Netflix deal.
No one is making fun of ott movies. Netflix is making a lot of ott movies & most of them are hit. Even amazon made ott movies in past & got good viewership. Now you can say people making fun of ott movies released by bollywood, because bollywood is using it as a dumping ground. Just look at akshay kumar, his last 4 movies are flop. So he is like let's dump some movies on disney+hotstar. Many other movies which are initially made for theatrical release, producers are now negotiating to dump those on ott.

By andhbhakt, I mean bhakts from both pro & anti sides. Anti side always finding mistakes even if there is nothing & pro side like there is everything right even if something is not.
That's what I exactly. People find ridiculous issues to boycott movies. That will decrease in coming time. Politicians are insecure about influence bollywood stars carries.
Foreigners having misconception, because bollywood itself present as indian film industry.
If that's the case how come regional movies with original audio succeed at box office overseas?
Remember recent statement of John, will not work in regional movies. Just check the word regional. This shows the arrogance of bollywood. You will find many such examples.
Who?
Look bro, I understand you love bollywood movies. As I said in last statement I watched many movies in cinema hall that includes bollywood, bengali & south. But bollywood need to understand what they are doing wrong instead of taking part in bollywood vs regional debate.
All industries have their ups and down. I can highlight ten movies atleast that were terrible movies that bombed. Why is it being generalised with bollywood?
In bengali industry, last year many movies are hit & break even and almost 99 percent movies are made for intellectual audience rather than mass. But they got profit because the budget of bengali movies are in the range of 2-4 crore. The collection is coming from Kolkata & surrounding region. Those movies i didn't work in small town & rural region. There is a saying about bollywood lately that they are making movies for Mumbai only. Bengali industry is working with Kolkata tactics because budget is extremely low.
That's because people outside cannot afford movies and even infrastructure outside doesn't work. Many cinema halls have shut down as it became pretty outdated and lost a lot of money post lockdown. People in smaller cities aren't willing to pay ₹100 - ₹300 + GST where they were buying tickets from ₹20 - ₹60. There are so many means of free entertainment. Also TV and OTT release date time has also decreased. So saying that movies are meant for metro cities is nonsense. Producers have leart that money can be made from more just theatre runs.
No one is making fun of ott movies. Netflix is making a lot of ott movies & most of them are hit. Even amazon made ott movies in past & got good viewership. Now you can say people making fun of ott movies released by bollywood, because bollywood is using it as a dumping ground. Just look at akshay kumar, his last 4 movies are flop. So he is like let's dump some movies on disney+hotstar. Many other movies which are initially made for theatrical release, producers are now negotiating to dump those on ott.
Movies were dumped pre pandemic. Small time movies like Drive and Guilty were dumped. After lockdown movies of high budget has come. Akshay Kumar has released Laxmi which would've been a box office was released on OTT too. Also most of his movies releases at theatres. Some movies like Cutputli is meant for OTT audience. It's too gory for theatre.

That's because people outside cannot afford movies and even infrastructure outside doesn't work. Many cinema halls have shut down as it became pretty outdated and lost a lot of money post lockdown. People in smaller cities aren't willing to pay ₹100 - ₹300 + GST where they were buying tickets from ₹20 - ₹60. There are so many means of free entertainment. Also TV and OTT release date time has also decreased. So saying that movies are meant for metro cities is nonsense. Producers have leart that money can be made from more just theatre runs.
Here bengali filmmakers think people don't watch commercial movies, so they make movies for multiplex only. But in same state movies like no way home, bb2, avatar, kgf2, sooryavanshi, rrr earned around 15 crore plus & a huge chunk came from single screen. There are enough people who can afford movie tickets. The issue is bengali producer stuck with a safe formula of making low budget movie about life complexity in metro city & getting break even collection easily. Blaming audience & financial problem will not change the fact. I am quite sure pathan will earn around 20 crore from west bengal if wom is slightly good.
Some movies like Cutputli is meant for OTT audience. It's too gory for theatre
Original ratsasan is an industry hit, even telugu remake is hit. Ratsasan is more serious than both remakes. Cutputli is dumped on ott as after back to back flops akshay didn't want to lose money

Here bengali filmmakers think people don't watch commercial movies, so they make movies for multiplex only. But in same state movies like no way home, bb2, avatar, kgf2, sooryavanshi, rrr earned around 15 crore plus & a huge chunk came from single screen. There are enough people who can afford movie tickets. The issue is bengali producer stuck with a safe formula of making low budget movie about life complexity in metro city & getting break even collection easily. Blaming audience & financial problem will not change the fact. I am quite sure pathan will earn around 20 crore from west bengal if wom is slightly good.
Wow just wow. I thought single screens were dead.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock