Discussion General Discussions, News & Updates On Indian TV Channels

Why Every channel using black bars in top and bottom..

Its gives very small screen in LED & LCD tvs 😧😫
That depends on the aspect ratio at which the show/movie or whatever is shot. It's probably 21:9 so in such cases bars are used. It is prominent in Cineplex HD. I think broadcasters can actually remove it manually. If you watch football on Star Sports Select SD they use it as well since the match isn't shot in that aspect ratio and Ten also used to have it but now they don't anymore! Now whether they want to do it or not is upto the channel.

That depends on the aspect ratio at which the show/movie or whatever is shot. It's probably 21:9 so in such cases bars are used. It is prominent in Cineplex HD. I think broadcasters can actually remove it manually. If you watch football on Star Sports Select SD they use it as well since the match isn't shot in that aspect ratio and Ten also used to have it but now they don't anymore! Now whether they want to do it or not is upto the channel.

Thanks bro.for clearity

In football matches , they use 1080p camaras. Nowadays most people are watching in hd. So the broadcasters use low picture quality in SD channels.

In football matches , they use 1080p camaras. Nowadays most people are watching in hd. So the broadcasters use low picture quality in SD channels.
Bro infact 4k cameras are used for most sports now. Star Sports Select SD is of very poor quality for me. The black bars and pq is so bad you can't make out who the player is. But TEN SD is still watchable. But HD is definitely king.

Discovery Jeet channel is going to rebranded as ''Jeet Prime''. Hope this channel telecast pure Hindi Serial & Shows. After ''Jeet Prime'' Discovery's Next channel is 'Jeet World''. Maybe This channel telecast Shows of ID channel. Which is dubbing from English to Hindi.
Maybe Discovery Network wants to launch GEC , Music & Movie channel under JEET brand. Like Jeet Movies(English), Jeet Hitz, Jeet Cinema, Jeet Sangeet(hindi), Jeet Music (English) etc.:win::hello:
Hope this time they also launch some regional GEC.

Last edited:
Most people don't bother but I (and to some extent @Shantanu) care about graphics and fonts. A channel's presentation is highly important. Hope you don't mind. :tup:
Comparatively Star is more spending on graphics. Zee almost had a uniform graphics for all language channels. Colors channels graphics are decent but similar. Sony's are average.Sun doesn't had a word graphics in their dictionary.At the same time Star brings diversities in graphics, colour combination and their logos in each languages are different. Obviously there are drawbacks occurs but it is mainly because they are doing more than others. If they are doing less like others they can sit in a safe zone.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock