Discussion General Discussions, News & Updates On Indian TV Channels

Disney-Star merger leads to high profile exits from both sides
...However, the Disney headquarter at Burbank, is known to have instructed the Star senior management not to show the door to the senior team members of Disney India. Star India did follow the diktat, but didn't offer them plum roles...
Disney-Star merger leads to high profile exits from both sides

Always knew Disney will take control of decisions and i am extremely happy with this. They have more balanced approach and give large emphasis on viewer or customer requirements apart from profits which r necessity. Already saw incase of Sony ESPN where Disney has maintained it as a channel catering to mix of non cricket sports, same was case when they were part of tie up with earlier fox owned star india. Let's see what happens. Viacom-CBS-Discovery, Disney-Star, Zee-? (Hopefully airtel) are mergers which will lead to more changes in Indian TV landscape. I think Turner should think about combining with a bigger group to emerge stronger

Star Sports Select 1 is exactly what Star Sports 1 should've been. They are literally airing every important sporting events. The ones they don't have slot. Star Sports Select 2 have got it covered. It's still not late for Star Sports network to rebrand. Make SS 1 cricket only channel with repeats of all cricketing event not just BCCI centric events. SS 2 football only. Kabaddi should be left for Star Sports First. Meanwhile SS 1 Hindi should have everything. SS 3 should be converted to Star Sports First HD. And regional channels can have whatever demographic prefers.

Good News

As part of my feedback to hindi movie clusted head of Zee on Twitter, i had shared some points and this included request to make HD feed of Zee Cinema and And Pictures primarily bollywood driven. Even quoted relaxation in rules given by TRAI for including both SD/HD feeds in one bouquet if content offered is different

Above used to be case before TRAI guidelines implementation but Zee changed strategy post new framework rollout and decided to simulcast SD content on them as initial rules restricted inclusion of both feeds in 1 bouquet.

Now going by EPG schedule updated on airtel stb for these 2 channels, w.e.f. 1st August bollywood movies r again taking frontal position on them. If this indeed happens then surely SD Feed of these channels will be very soon included in respective HD Bouquets.

Update:

Travel XP 4K Launching Very Near

Waiting For License, Expecting The Same By End Of August!

We May See It On Broad From September

UTV Action showing Iron Man 3 in 16:9 aspect ratio. Another advantage of Disney managing things, hope this is followed on other channels too
Black Panther will premiere soon on UTV Action. Saw promo few days back. Good that latest movies are coming to UTV Action.

I am sick. I try to enjoy sitcoms on Comedy Central but the ads are just too wild and loud. I love how creative they are with ads. But we don't need loud yelling and music. Problem is not with actual advertisement but their promotion of their show which are re-airing since last 4 years. Same is the case with Colors Infinity and Vh1 as well. Dude, you are driving your audience away who just wants to have a good time.

I am sick. I try to enjoy sitcoms on Comedy Central but the ads are just too wild and loud. I love how creative they are with ads. But we don't need loud yelling and music. Problem is not with actual advertisement but their promotion of their show which are re-airing since last 4 years. Same is the case with Colors Infinity and Vh1 as well. Dude, you are driving your audience away who just wants to have a good time.

Share feedback with channel / people looking after its operations on social media

UTV Action showing Iron Man 3 in 16:9 aspect ratio. Another advantage of Disney managing things, hope this is followed on other channels too
Star Movies showing Thor Ragnarok, Logan etc with huge black bars up and down like Indian movies :(
I think only one UTV movie channel(with HD version) is needed dedicated to dubbed Hollywood movies.

UTV is showing regular animation films like Good Dinosaur and Jungle Book too nowadays, surely these does not gel with theme of channel. Most probably going forward they will rebrand and give it a more regular name thus changing the targeted approach followed at present and broadening its appeal

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock