Discussion General Discussions, News & Updates On Indian TV Channels

Star Movies showing Thor Ragnarok, Logan etc with huge black bars up and down like Indian movies :(
I think only one UTV movie channel(with HD version) is needed dedicated to dubbed Hollywood movies.
yeah..
and also while watching Movies I feel very interrupted & distracted by the the Big Logos of the channels.
I love watching Movies on Movies Now, MNX & MN+ as the Logo becomes colourless semi-transparent while the movie is playing... which looks way better than the big colourful opaque logos...
Other movie channels should also do this.. they can show their Full logo during ad breaks like MN, MN+, MNX

Good News

As part of my feedback to hindi movie clusted head of Zee on Twitter, i had shared some points and this included request to make HD feed of Zee Cinema and And Pictures primarily bollywood driven. Even quoted relaxation in rules given by TRAI for including both SD/HD feeds in one bouquet if content offered is different

Above used to be case before TRAI guidelines implementation but Zee changed strategy post new framework rollout and decided to simulcast SD content on them as initial rules restricted inclusion of both feeds in 1 bouquet.

Now going by EPG schedule updated on airtel stb for these 2 channels, w.e.f. 1st August bollywood movies r again taking frontal position on them. If this indeed happens then surely SD Feed of these channels will be very soon included in respective HD Bouquets.

So, Zee Cinema HD has switched to pure bollywood mode but status quo remains on &Pictures HD. I think soon &Pictures HD will be discontinued and make way for Zee Bollywood HD

I think soon &Pictures HD will be discontinued and make way for Zee Bollywood HD
Not likely. &pictures is a well-known brand and you cannot suddenly pull off the HD feed. Since DSport is not so well-known, Discovery did not suffer that much on cutting its HD feed. But there were rumours that Life OK HD would be shut down and Star Bharat would not have an HD feed. Of course, those rumours were unfounded and the result is the biggest logo on Indian television. :biggrin:

OTOH, Zee Bollywood is a small channel and simply because it is pure Bollywood does not warrant an HD version. Moreover, &pictures SD/HD shows Hollywood and that is an important USP.

For the record, here are the EPGs for Zee Cinema HD and &pictures HD for today, tomorrow and Sunday. Zee Cinema HD is completely Hindi, while &pictures has no South movies today, one tomorrow and two the day after. Meanwhile it has plenty of Hollywood.

Last edited:
Well Jolly bhai u r right that And Pictures is a popular channel but its HD feed has negligible viewership. It is not necessary for a channel to enjoy successful run on both variants, some channels have appeal only among mass audience hence limiting the scope for HD feed.

As in case of Life OK HD being replaced with Star Bharat HD, u can urself see how it is performing. These type of experiments yield no benefit for broadcasters. Coming to ur point of Hollywood Movies being aired on &Pictutes, well they can continue same on SD Feed. Before launch of &Xplor HD, there was some substance attached to continuing with &Pictures HD as it aired critically acclaimed bollywood + hollywood movies, now this isn't the case.

Having Zee Bollywood HD will help us see many films from past 2 decades in HD, Zee Cinema or &Pictures do not air many of these. Also this will garner much more ratings. Zee Bollywood is not a small channel, other counterparts get reflected prominently on rating chart as new movies get multiple times more viewership when having WTP or on subsequent airings but decent ratings which older movies score on uniform basis do not match up to recent ones.

Lastly w.e.f. 6th August even &Pictures HD is showing different movies in schedule as compared to SD feed. If they change focus to having more hollywood movies onboard alongwith mix of Bollywood movies from different decades on it then i have no issue if it continues

Well Jolly bhai u r right that And Pictures is a popular channel but its HD feed has negligible viewership. It is not necessary for a channel to enjoy successful run on both variants, some channels have appeal only among mass audience hence limiting the scope for HD feed.

As in case of Life OK HD being replaced with Star Bharat HD, u can urself see how it is performing. These type of experiments yield no benefit for broadcasters. Coming to ur point of Hollywood Movies being aired on &Pictutes, well they can continue same on SD Feed. Before launch of &Xplor HD, there was some substance attached to continuing with &Pictures HD as it aired critically acclaimed bollywood + hollywood movies, now this isn't the case.

Having Zee Bollywood HD will help us see many films from past 2 decades in HD, Zee Cinema or &Pictures do not air many of these. Also this will garner much more ratings. Zee Bollywood is not a small channel, other counterparts get reflected prominently on rating chart as new movies get multiple times more viewership when having WTP or on subsequent airings but decent ratings which older movies score on uniform basis do not match up to recent ones.

Lastly w.e.f. 6th August even &Pictures HD is showing different movies in schedule as compared to SD feed. If they change focus to having more hollywood movies onboard alongwith mix of Bollywood movies from different decades on it then i have no issue if it continues
Zee Cinema HD is airing only bollywood movies since yesterday. So I don't think we need a HD version of Zee Bollywood. I do want a HD music channel from Zee.

Zee Cinema HD is airing only bollywood movies since yesterday. So I don't think we need a HD version of Zee Bollywood. I do want a HD music channel from Zee.

Still we

Bhai, Zee does not have tie up with T-Series hence HD music channel will be not of much good. I think 9X Media needs to launch HD channels and so does B4U

Yesterday wrote mail to Star India regarding certain issues or queries. One of question was reason for shutting down Nat Geo People. Response for this stated that Nat Geo People HD is still available and only SD variant taken off their portfolio in India

Yesterday wrote mail to Star India regarding certain issues or queries. One of question was reason for shutting down Nat Geo People. Response for this stated that Nat Geo People HD is still available and only SD variant taken off their portfolio in India
Not available on any platform.

Star website still showing Alacarte of Nat Geo People HD & Nat Geo Music HD along with Nat Geo Telugu/Tamil

What is difference between Times Now and Times Now World? It's just the simulcast of the same channel. Right?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock