Discussion General Discussions, News & Updates On Indian TV Channels

Does Hindi movie channels knows that they work on subscription based model nowadays? Just look at the line up for the weekend. It's pathetic.

Sony is doing fine for bringing older movies , Star makes acquisitions cautiously for new films while has decent library of older stuff (enhanced by UTV merger). Both these broadcasters have sports business hence shy away from putting too much money on movie acquisition.

Zee is the leader, it is giving all sorts of choices for meeting requirements of diverse audiences. Colors Cineplex is again cousin of Sony Max while FTA channels r serving their purpose quite well

TRAI model will benefit us in long run, issues will settle for good in coming months. Prices r same or even decreased but subscribers r still not having proper understanding to chose right combination of channels using different options at hand
I chose right combination of channels. Problem is broadcasters and 30 day lock in period. Movies curation is poor. And I hate the fact that I gotta pay for Sony Six HD for 3 days as my plan resets soon with no way of getting the channels for next 30 days atleast in cable. I think channels should be charged on daily basis.
Sony is doing fine for bringing older movies , Star makes acquisitions cautiously for new films while has decent library of older stuff (enhanced by UTV merger). Both these broadcasters have sports business hence shy away from putting too much money on movie acquisition.

Zee is the leader, it is giving all sorts of choices for meeting requirements of diverse audiences. Colors Cineplex is again cousin of Sony Max while FTA channels r serving their purpose quite well
Sony : Max has switched to Southern garbage, Wah is also doing the same nowadays, Max 2 repeats same old thing
Star : Repeats same movies every week. Other than dubbed Disney movies. What else they got?
Zee : Has most new movies. Still airing ages old content. Only Airtel user for now gets to enjoy latest movie on &Xplore HD which is a pity as it's a HD only channel.

I chose right combination of channels. Problem is broadcasters and 30 day lock in period. Movies curation is poor. And I hate the fact that I gotta pay for Sony Six HD for 3 days as my plan resets soon with no way of getting the channels for next 30 days atleast in cable. I think channels should be charged on daily basis.

Sony : Max has switched to Southern garbage, Wah is also doing the same nowadays, Max 2 repeats same old thing
Star : Repeats same movies every week. Other than dubbed Disney movies. What else they got?
Zee : Has most new movies. Still airing ages old content. Only Airtel user for now gets to enjoy latest movie on &Xplore HD which is a pity as it's a HD only channel.

I am getting option to chose channels with 1 day lock in, daily deduction option. Coming to opting for Sony Six HD, well it will continue with ur new plan too. Is there some restriction put by cable operator? Just change base pack leaving others as it is. Fact is cable operators r not giving subscriber friendly choices / polices hence TRAI cannot be blamed for it. Just opt for an operator fulfilling ur requirements.

Coming to movie channels, i am happy with zee. Rest need improvement.

Off Topic - MNX and Movies Now not airing live feed on airtel app while premiering Disney Films, reason stated that digital rights for it are not available with them

I am getting option to chose channels with 1 day lock in, daily deduction option. Coming to opting for Sony Six HD, well it will continue with ur new plan too. Is there some restriction put by cable operator? Just change base pack leaving others as it is. Fact is cable operators r not giving subscriber friendly choices / polices hence TRAI cannot be blamed for it. Just opt for an operator fulfilling ur requirements.

Coming to movie channels, i am happy with zee. Rest need improvement.

Off Topic - MNX and Movies Now not airing live feed on airtel app while premiering Disney Films, reason stated that digital rights for it are not available with them
They have to reset everything from the account. So all channels get removed. Star is very strict about the content they own. Meanwhile Soorma is with Netflix. You can stream it for free on Jio and Airtel TV.

That's the reason I left Cable (ACC-Siti) and moved to TS... They (ACC-Siti) had 30 Day Lock-In Period and there were only few (mostly costly) Broadcaster Packs to choose from (around 2-3 Packs/Broadcaster). And their website is under maintenance most of the time.

That's the reason I left Cable (ACC-Siti) and moved to TS... They (ACC-Siti) had 30 Day Lock-In Period and there were only few (mostly costly) Broadcaster Packs to choose from (around 2-3 Packs/Broadcaster). And their website is under maintenance most of the time.
Bought a SD connection like a month back for my grandmother. Yesterday there was no rain but every minute rain warning came. I also can't really get a Tata Sky unless they add 9XO.

Bought a SD connection like a month back for my grandmother. Yesterday there was no rain but every minute rain warning came. I also can't really get a Tata Sky unless they add 9XO.

Then go for airtel bhai. U will get Vh1 HD there pretty soon

Then go for airtel bhai. U will get Vh1 HD there pretty soon
I have been hearing that since last year. If they add it I'll go for Internet TV as my TV doesn't have Bluetooth support. I use to use this third party bluetooth-enabled dongle like thing. It doesn't work properly.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock