Discussion General Discussions, News & Updates On Indian TV Channels

When does Sony BBC Earth airs all the awesome shows promo they air on KBC? I have literary seen none of the shows ever air.

Is Star Gold Select on its way out? Its social media accounts not active since mid july, channel has no advertisers on board and movie library is limited or devoid of impressive titles, they have even stopped acquiring more critically acclaimed films

Is Star Gold Select on its way out? Its social media accounts not active since mid july, channel has no advertisers on board and movie library is limited or devoid of impressive titles, they have even stopped acquiring more critically acclaimed films
The same was said for &privé HD but it is not going anywhere. However, Star Gold Select has stopped acquisition of any new films other than Love Sonia (possibly to give a launchpad to Mrunal Thakur). Nor does it ever show any movie released after Aiyaary and Raid (namely Sanju, Stree, Badhaai Ho). Instead it keeps showing Picket 43. :cf2:

Waiting for Star World Premiere HD to either shut down :knife2: or be refreshed with new graphics. 🆕

Last edited:
The same was said for &privé HD but it is not going anywhere. However, Star Gold Select has stopped acquisition of any new films other than Love Sonia (possibly to give a launchpad to Mrunal Thakur). Nor does it ever show any movie released after Aiyaary and Raid (namely Sanju, Stree, Badhaai Ho). Instead it keeps showing Picket 43. :cf2:

Waiting for Star World Premiere HD to either shut down :knife2: or be refreshed with new graphics. 🆕
It's airing Chandi Chowk to China nowadays. And Star expecting me to pay ₹10 to watch that is wrong. I won't even pay ₹5 for it.

SWP should rebrand to Star World Family. Moving Disney's live action shows to the channel. And also bringing Fox and ABC's shows. This could be a good competitors to Comedy Central. Meanwhile Disney International HD can rebrand to Disney HD for Disney's animated content.

It's airing Chandi Chowk to China nowadays. And Star expecting me to pay ₹10 to watch that is wrong. I won't even pay ₹5 for it.

SWP should rebrand to Star World Family. Moving Disney's live action shows to the channel. And also bringing Fox and ABC's shows. This could be a good competitors to Comedy Central. Meanwhile Disney International HD can rebrand to Disney HD for Disney's animated content.

Actually Since takeover by Disney Star India has redesigned content roadmap for its English GEC channels, Star World is airing brand new shows at 10 PM while 8-10 PM slots r reserved for iconic or light hearted shows... 11 PM is fixed for talk show. SWP HD has now primarily become a channel giving space to action or suspense based heavy dramas which r enjoyed by select audiences. Disney International HD is also gaining in ratings gradually.

I think Disney will launch a new english gec soon , right now many of its shows r licenced to other networks in India .... Also still there r issues in proper stablizing of new framework hence broadcasters will take caution before deciding on expansion. Sony ESPN and A&E tie up with TV18 also likely to disolve post Disney's new avatar here

Pro Kabbadi League will start on Marvel HQ on September 3rd at 6:30 pm . This time it seems they wont air it Hungama tv like they did last time for ipl.
Star showing their true colors.

Mix is currently again playing old song in HD format
If Star Plus can air movies. SET can dedicate one hour to Hindi music a day like Doordarshan use to do. Atleast we will get HD music videos on tv.

Last edited:
If Star Plus can air movies. SET can dedicate one hour to Hindi music a day like Doordarshan use to do.
Since Max HD was launched in 2015, SET has completely stopped showing movies. The same for Sony Sab. They are a good way to fill up weekend afternoons. However Pal shows them from time to time.

Why can't Vh1 and 9XO stop airing chimpanzee culture? Seriously, are advertisers sleeping? Endorsing chimpanzee culture brings bad reputation to advertisers.

Zee cinemalu completed 3 years
PObxfje.jpg

Source

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock