Discussion General Discussions, News & Updates On Indian TV Channels

It's airing Chandi Chowk to China nowadays. And Star expecting me to pay ₹10 to watch that is wrong. I won't even pay ₹5 for it.

SWP should rebrand to Star World Family. Moving Disney's live action shows to the channel. And also bringing Fox and ABC's shows. This could be a good competitors to Comedy Central. Meanwhile Disney International HD can rebrand to Disney HD for Disney's animated content.
Good thought.
Also Nat Geo music to Star World Music or shutdown:lol:
And Kick out Baby TV.

Not in the past 15 years for sure. Punjabi GECs show only music, movies, reality shows, talk shows and Gurbani. No serials.

In contrast, some GECs showed *only* serials in the past. I am referring to Star Jalsha until 2018. There was the occasional Sunday afternoon movie every couple of months, and very rarely a reality show on Sundays. Nothing else.
I think South GECs give much more importance to movies than ROI GECs (except Punjabi and Odia). The Sun network channels show only movies on weekends, not serials (not only on Sunday but even Saturday). Asianet and Star Maa show movies every single morning of the year.

However Hindi GECs do not show movies that frequently. Zee TV shows them a couple of months after Zee Cinema premieres them. Star Plus has restarted showing movies after several months. Sony completely stopped in 2016 after Max HD launched. Colors which was one of the biggest movie-premiering channels (it used to have Double and Triple Blast) has completely stopped after Rishtey Cineplex became Colors Cineplex.

Not to mention Bangla, an example of which is in my quoted post. But Zee Bangla and Star Jalsha show movies very often nowadays.

Last edited:
Do you Know where the office of BARC is situated :huh: Is it in Mumbai ?
Why are you asking? :huh: There are offices in both Mumbai and Delhi.

Broadcast Audience Research Council
Rose Cottage,
Next to Citi Tower,
61, Dr S. S. Rao Road,
Parel (East), Mumbai, 400012 India.

Broadcast Audience Research Council
Awfis, 1st Floor, L-29,
Outer Circle, Connaught Place,
New Delhi-110001

Past 1pm IST and still no BARC TRP update.
See this 👇

qTSroNQ_d.jpg

I think South GECs give much more importance to movies than ROI GECs (except Punjabi and Odia). The Sun network channels show only movies on weekends, not serials (not only on Sunday but even Saturday). Asianet and Star Maa show movies every single morning of the year.

However Hindi GECs do not show movies that frequently. Zee TV shows them a couple of months after Zee Cinema premieres them. Star Plus has restarted showing movies after several months. Sony completely stopped in 2016 after Max HD launched. Colors which was one of the biggest movie-premiering channels (it used to have Double and Triple Blast) has completely stopped after Rishtey Cineplex became Colors Cineplex.

Not to mention Bangla, an example of which is in my quoted post. But Zee Bangla and Star Jalsha show movies very often nowadays.
Its ex FTA channels i. Pal and Rishtey shows afternoon movies. In fact pal has become old sony which was the BEST TV channel. Sony also had an afternoon movie slot i.e 3-6 earlier in the 3-6 sometimes 7 slot movies like DDLJ,Rajaji,.Tere Naam, Baghban etc were shown

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock