Discussion General Discussions, News & Updates On Indian TV Channels

The Mehul Kumar Blockbusters like Krantiveer and Tirangaa which were shown earlier on Zee at prime time or Sunday night movies have become Sony Wah's go to movie ever since they got the rights from Goldmines. The only Goldmines movie with Zee is the Salman khan flop God Tussi Great Ho and I think that will too come on Colors Cineplex or Sony soon. Zee and Goldmines were the best of partners where in any movie which Goldmines had the rights too like Jaani Dushman Ek Anokhi Kahani, Qahar, Ramsay brothers movies etc were exclusive to Zee, but Zee's refusal to Goldmines for dubbed content resulted in Zee's loss This loss capitalized by Sony and Star resulted Goldmines to become a sought out name in the Third Party rights category after Pen India.

Last edited:
Buddy please go thru my posts again. Already given the answers to ur queries. UTV HD is temporarily filling job of both UTV Action HD and alternate bollywood cinema. They will be divided into 2 chs soon. Wait a little announcement will come in shortly about Star Hindi Movie Channels undergoing major overhaul
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes premiered simultaneously on UTV HD and UTV Action. I think both channels will rebranding to Star Gold Action and Star Gold Action HD. And Movies OK and UTV Movies should rebrand to Star Gold 2 and Star Gold 2 HD. And Star Utsav movie should become Star Gold Comedy. Star Gold Select's SD channel should rebrand to Star Gold Classic or Family.
Lastly Impractical Jokers taken off Comedy Central completely. This was one of their highest rated shows and aired frequently but over last few months CC gradually decreased air time for it ... Now totally off radar. Quite possible that some other channel must have picked its rights else this would not have happened. Think Disney will launch a Family/Comedy specific English GEC soon and Impractical Jokers might air on it
Nothing new here. They take it off air once in a while. They usually do it to hype new season which should premier next month along with new along with US shows.

Sony has the worst planning or curation whatever you say. WWE NXT is airing live from Wednesday (Thursday morning IST). But SPNS isn't airing it. Okay, so let's move to existing time of WWE NXT on Sony Ten 1 which is Saturday. It has scheduled one hour of airing despite the show expanding to 2 hours.
Source

Star can benefit a lot if they buy AEW rights for its Select channel. It will kill off Sony's monopoly in wrestling. Also timing of AEW is also great. Pay Per View of AEW is on Saturday night (Sunday morning). Who doesn't want latest sports content on Sunday? When Sony would be airing repeats. AEW would be offering something fresh.

Star India has roped in Nitin Bawankule, currently country director – India for Google Cloud, as head of ad sales function.
Bawankule will join Star India on October 1st, highly place sources in the company confirmed. He will fill in the position vacated by Amit Chopra, who left Star India in May to join Samara Capital-owned Nature’s Essence as managing director.
Google Cloud India head Nitin Bawankule to join Star India as head of ad sales

Guys, any news on ABP News HD launch? Its been two months since the abp group got licence from the Govt, but channel is not been launched yet! It was expected during 2019 election time!

Unpopular opinion : I need subtitles atleast the ones that can be turned off on Sony BBC Earth. English accent is very hard for me to understand.

Unpopular opinion : I need subtitles atleast the ones that can be turned off on Sony BBC Earth. English accent is very hard for me to understand.
English sub-titles are required for all Infotainment channels.
The main difficulty is in following names of people, places, certain flora and fauna, dishes etc.
The issue is irritating when the programs are shot outside English speaking countries like France, Africa, Latin America.

BCCC should regulate infotainment broadcaster. They need to ask them to tone down on the violence. Just saw a mother monkey get swallowed by a crocodile infront of her baby. The baby was crying so badly. Now I feel like crying. Imagine a human getting swallowed by a crocodile. Even when I am watching something related to lions. They are constantly mating. Let's not even start with snakes. Seriously who thinks showing all these attracts viewers.

Netflix made this amazing infotainment documentaries Our Planet. Nothing of these gory and vulgar nature featured on the documentary.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock