Discussion General Discussions, News & Updates On Indian TV Channels

Vh1 is anyway not getting audience these days thanks to internet and their pathetic SD audio quality which they r not rectifying despite number of requests from me in last 3 years. So they can try flouting rules for getting undue attention :)
They should be careful what they are wishing for. Big CBS Spark got banned because of airing songs uncensored in 2013. I think it was 2 Chainz Birthday Song.

Buddy UTV Action HD is almost confirmed bcoz of massive popularity dubbed hollywood movies enjoy now in India
The role of UTV Action HD is already being fulfilled by UTV HD and also &pictures HD. These two have created and sustained a market for dubbed Hollywood movies. When you have UTV HD, why UTV Action HD? Can you imagine Zee Action HD? No. So?

Last edited:
The role of UTV Action HD is already being fulfilled by UTV HD and also &pictures HD. These two have created and sustained a market for dubbed Hollywood movies. When you have UTV HD, why UTV Action HD? Can you imagine Zee Action HD? No. So?

Buddy please go thru my posts again. Already given the answers to ur queries. UTV HD is temporarily filling job of both UTV Action HD and alternate bollywood cinema. They will be divided into 2 chs soon. Wait a little announcement will come in shortly about Star Hindi Movie Channels undergoing major overhaul

Buddy please go thru my posts again. Already given the answers to ur queries. UTV HD is temporarily filling job of both UTV Action HD and alternate bollywood cinema. They will be divided into 2 chs soon. Wait a little announcement will come in shortly about Star Hindi Movie Channels undergoing major overhaul
What do you think is the future of UTV Movies, Movies OK and Star Utsav Movies? And do you think it is possible for Disney to shut down Star Gold Select SD and keep only HD?

@dino29 bro. Vh1 is still doing it.
It's vulgar, so.
D05wNBs.jpg

Update

Almost confirmed now that Sony Wah has indeed changed course and now featuring more of bollywood content from last 10 or 15 years. As shared by me earlier, they tweaked programing strategy post Ekadashi at end of Ganesh Visarjan festival. Let's see what changes up next for this and Sony Pal.

By the way i am also sensing Star Bharat (atleast the HD Feed) and Bindass from Disney/Star to get a refreshed makeover soon. Quite possible that it's licence will be used for other purposes.

Discovery Jeet still continuing old path and surprisingly has HD Feed too. Would be better if Investigation Discovery is brought back, Discovery Science HD is launched and Turbo is transformed into D Life which can comprise content from D Life, DIY, Trvl Channel, Destination America. Food Network content should be absorbed on TLC itself.

Lastly Impractical Jokers taken off Comedy Central completely. This was one of their highest rated shows and aired frequently but over last few months CC gradually decreased air time for it ... Now totally off radar. Quite possible that some other channel must have picked its rights else this would not have happened. Think Disney will launch a Family/Comedy specific English GEC soon and Impractical Jokers might air on it

Update

Almost confirmed now that Sony Wah has indeed changed course and now featuring more of bollywood content from last 10 or 15 years. As shared by me earlier, they tweaked programing strategy post Ekadashi at end of Ganesh Visarjan festival. Let's see what changes up next for this and Sony Pal.

By the way i am also sensing Star Bharat (atleast the HD Feed) and Bindass from Disney/Star to get a refreshed makeover soon. Quite possible that it's licence will be used for other purposes.

Discovery Jeet still continuing old path and surprisingly has HD Feed too. Would be better if Investigation Discovery is brought back, Discovery Science HD is launched and Turbo is transformed into D Life which can comprise content from D Life, DIY, Trvl Channel, Destination America. Food Network content should be absorbed on TLC itself.

Lastly Impractical Jokers taken off Comedy Central completely. This was one of their highest rated shows and aired frequently but over last few months CC gradually decreased air time for it ... Now totally off radar. Quite possible that some other channel must have picked its rights else this would not have happened. Think Disney will launch a Family/Comedy specific English GEC soon and Impractical Jokers might air on it
Impractical jokers has aired on Romedy Now many times. So chances are with Times plus it is a TruTV Turner production. I actually subscribed cc to watch impractical jokers and Brooklyn Nine nine

Impractical jokers has aired on Romedy Now many times. So chances are with Times plus it is a TruTV Turner production. I actually subscribed cc to watch impractical jokers and Brooklyn Nine nine

Impractical Jokers never aired on Romedy Now. This show alongwith Big Bang Theory ( old initial seasons in both case) aired some years back on WB.

Well Content Acquisition by broadcasters work on a number of factors, Warner TV/ HBO content is quite popular here besides usual CBS, Fox, ABC shows. Now CBS runs channels like CW with Warner as partner in US and there r similar tie ups of broadcasters in production and channel front. All these and some other things have impact on how deals proceed in other countries.

Right now most of the Warner TV shows r going to Colors Infinity or Comedy Central bcoz CBS-Viacom now operate as one entity thus CBS is preferring its shows aired on CW to feature on Viacom chs here. Also Turner chs r distributed by Indiacast hence even Warner has warm relationship with Viacom18.

HBO ( Warner sister concern) has tie up with Star India for TV shows as same happened post exit of former's premium chs here in 2015. Star India as usual tries getting first rights over sister concern FX/Fox TV content and now Disney ABC shows like Supergirl, Gotham will move there.

CBS shows r scattered across bcoz of long term deals which have been going on since ages and likely to continue for sometime. NBC Universal again has presence on networks like AXN, Viacom 18 bcoz of the touch points shared by them on different levels, Sony has first output movie deal with Universal while NBC runs business news channel with TV18 as partner here.

Anyways as i have stated these r complex things. For each there r multitude of forces leading to final outcome

Impractical Jokers never aired on Romedy Now. This show alongwith Big Bang Theory ( old initial seasons in both case) aired some years back on WB.

Well Content Acquisition by broadcasters work on a number of factors, Warner TV/ HBO content is quite popular here besides usual CBS, Fox, ABC shows. Now CBS runs channels like CW with Warner as partner in US and there r similar tie ups of broadcasters in production and channel front. All these and some other things have impact on how deals proceed in other countries.

Right now most of the Warner TV shows r going to Colors Infinity or Comedy Central bcoz CBS-Viacom now operate as one entity thus CBS is preferring its shows aired on CW to feature on Viacom chs here. Also Turner chs r distributed by Indiacast hence even Warner has warm relationship with Viacom18.

HBO ( Warner sister concern) has tie up with Star India for TV shows as same happened post exit of former's premium chs here in 2015. Star India as usual tries getting first rights over sister concern FX/Fox TV content and now Disney ABC shows like Supergirl, Gotham will move there.

CBS shows r scattered across bcoz of long term deals which have been going on since ages and likely to continue for sometime. NBC Universal again has presence on networks like AXN, Viacom 18 bcoz of the touch points shared by them on different levels, Sony has first output movie deal with Universal while NBC runs business news channel with TV18 as partner here.

Anyways as i have stated these r complex things. For each there r multitude of forces leading to final outcome
That's why bits too complex BBC and Hulu shows are on AXN though

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock