Discussion General Discussions, News & Updates On Indian TV Channels

That is because of Fastway's dominance and therefore it is able to launch multiple HD channels on its own platform (since Fastway and PTC Network are the same entity). Otherwise not a single Punjabi HD channel is there on satellite.Telugu has the maximum HD channels of any regional language (even without the 4 ETV HD channels) followed by Tamil.

Good to know that telugu having maximum HD channels 👌👍

Punjabi TV channels users are lucky, because they have more quality and quantity of channels that be free. HD Channels also. I think more HD Channels available in Punjabi language (including local channels).
Other language channels don't have.
I search for Telugu HD channels but only 8 channels available (ETV 4 HD channels available only in Telugu states)
I Want Zee Punjabi To have HD Feed

You know why people prefer Colors Infinity over Star World. It's because of their bad strategy. Whole day long re-runs of same ages old program is airing. While fresh shows like Homeland and Family Guy has no repeats during morning, noon or evening. Enjoying following the shows late at night and early morning.

You know why people prefer Colors Infinity over Star World. It's because of their bad strategy. Whole day long re-runs of same ages old program is airing. While fresh shows like Homeland and Family Guy has no repeats during morning, noon or evening. Enjoying following the shows late at night and early morning.
Viacom is doing superb with english gec. just like in US. they have one channel showing drama during daytime and another channel (comedy central) showing comedy.

Same strategy is followed here in US by most broadcasters. Top broadcaster Turner/Warner shows drama and movies on TNT during daytime. They have another channel TBS showing comedy full time. During prime time TNT sometimes shows movies and Wrestling.

Star should start another channel for comedy. Star World should air drama during daytime and a mix of movies and drama during prime time.

Viacom is doing superb with english gec. just like in US. they have one channel showing drama during daytime and another channel (comedy central) showing comedy.

Same strategy is followed here in US by most broadcasters. Top broadcaster Turner/Warner shows drama and movies on TNT during daytime. They have another channel TBS showing comedy full time. During prime time TNT sometimes shows movies and Wrestling.

Star should start another channel for comedy. Star World should air drama during daytime and a mix of movies and drama during prime time.
Star has a great comedy channel Disney International HD. They don't promote it at all. All they need is some ABC Family's shows on it. I recommend airing America's Funniest Home Videos, The Goldbergs, Melissa & Joey etc.

Star has a great comedy channel Disney International HD. They don't promote it at all. All they need is some ABC Family's shows on it. I recommend airing America's Funniest Home Videos, The Goldbergs, Melissa & Joey etc.
I don't consider Disney an GEC channel at all. Disney the name itself is associated with kids. They were showing Hanna Montana all day today. It's a teen show.

Disney has 4 channels for adults here: FX, FXX, FXM and Freeform.

FX - just like TNT. drama and movies.
FXX - reruns of comedy. sometimes movies.
FXM - FX movie channel. sometimes reruns of comedy and drama.
Freeform - mostly reality shows (this is their oldest channel). It was called ABC family first.

Disney schedule right now in US. It's 2:00 pm here

disneysched1.JPG

Last edited:
I don't consider Disney an GEC channel at all. Disney the name itself is associated with kids. They were showing Hanna Montana all day today. It's a teen show.

Disney has 4 channels for adults here: FX, FXX, FXM and Freeform.

FX - just like TNT. drama and movies.
FXX - reruns of comedy. sometimes movies.
FXM - FX movie channel. sometimes reruns of comedy and drama.
Freeform - mostly reality shows (this is their oldest channel). It was called ABC family first.
They are binge airing Hannah Montana because it's popular. Even I watch it all day long. But they are also airing Wizards of the Waverly Place, Dog with The Blog, Good Luck Charlie, Raven and movies too. It use to air different shows which has stopped to make ways for another Star Sports I guess. Talking about FX. It was a good channel. But Star shut it down for one of Star Sports Select SD channel.

They are binge airing Hannah Montana because it's popular. Even I watch it all day long. But they are also airing Wizards of the Waverly Place, Dog with The Blog, Good Luck Charlie, Raven and movies too. It use to air different shows which has stopped to make ways for another Star Sports I guess. Talking about FX. It was a good channel. But Star shut it down for one of Star Sports Select SD channel.
Point i was making is Disney Intl is a youth channel. They can't air simpsons or family guy on it. they are adult cartoons. They should have a channel like CC to binge-air those.

Point i was making is Disney Intl is a youth channel. They can't air simpsons or family guy on it. they are adult cartoons. They should have a channel like CC to binge-air those.
I consider it a family channel. Not youth channel. The Q India, MTV youth channels. Even GEC like Colors Infinity is youth channel. Just look at the DC line up.

I consider it a family channel. Not youth channel. The Q India, MTV youth channels. Even GEC like Colors Infinity is youth channel. Just look at the DC line up.
OK. By youth channel, I meant programs feature young actors in the age group 13-19. In India i guess the word means 18-25. I got used to American English :)

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock