Discussion General Discussions, News & Updates On Indian TV Channels

photostudio-1607779434049.jpg

SET Asia Feed Running on SonyLIV Live Tv via Sony SD

Star Pravah Movies can launch after the success of Star Pravah

L79gqz9.jpg

Source -https://www.afaqs.com/interviews/there-is-a-clear-scope-for-us-to-grow-further-in-each-of-the-regional-markets-kevin-vaz
Thanks for the article. Finally got to know that
kbSQQ7x.jpg

STAR doesn't have plans to dive into Gujarati & Bhojpuri Markets as of now.
Finger crossed for Odia Market, in next 5 years, Tarang TV may see to STAR. Let's wait and watch.

And ofcourse they
Star Should Acquire Tarang! It will be a great fit.
But I don't think Disney will allow any further expansion of Star Network. When it was Fox, the network was entertained to make big deals. Now the management has restrictions for new steps. Moreover Disney is giving importance to streaming rather than broadcasting. So the new investmens will move towards streaming.
But one good thing is that till now Disney not made any cut backs over existing channels. The regional channels of Star and it's contents got strengthened than Fox time. But we have to wait till Uday Shankar's exit, how Disney going to handle Star.

Last edited:
But I don't think Disney will allow any further expansion of Star Network. When it was Fox, the network was entertained to make big deals. Now the management has restrictions. Moreover Disney is giving importance to streaming rather than broadcasting. So the new investmens will move towards streaming.
@Raju lal @Rajpatil98 @veer32564 @JollyLNB
I know that! Streaming is their main focus.The management has restrictions like controlling the sports broadcast rights, & use the resources wisely
to control their Dominance. In Disney's Investor Day, They Clearly Stated That India is a Big Market for Disney, & they're keen to invest in Star. They're happy with Star Growth & using a indian brand in their Global Streaming Service & soon going to replace FOX Branded Channels in international Markets. Star will be expanded in upcoming Years. They may not acquire tarang, but they will surely Expand. We're Here to make assumption & please don't forget please remember That Star is a big Brand Than Disney in india.

Last edited:
Can we expect some YRF films to shift to star/disney next yr onwards? Chak De India, Dhoom franchise, Bank Chor, Hichki, Mardaani, Ladies Vs Ricky Bahl, Bunty Aur Babli, Gunday, Ishqzaade and some others expected to move. Sony likely to renew popular ones like DDLJ, Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi, Ek Thha Tiger, Sultan, etc.

So many good films like Salaam Namaste, Ta Ra Rum Pum, Saathiya, New York, Dostana, Badmaash Company etc hardly aired on Sony. Atleast star/disney has dedicated chs for showing diff kind of films and above all gives proper space to bollywood films

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock