Discussion General Discussions, News & Updates On Indian TV Channels

nothing just saying.

while we always arguing about who showing ipl better sony sports or star sports.

on the other hand bbl 10 single season is telecust by fox sports and channel 7 alternatively

Last edited:
With dwindling ratings will MTV manage to survive, young population has so much choice to watch stuff on internet and i do not see content on MTV quite able to match with times. Only thing going in favor is big parent company operating it and it can allow it to continue just like Vh1 even with less revenue generated
MTV Became Worst Channel After 2014 They Stopped Airing Songs same with the hd version They Also stopped in 2017 only Roadies Roadies more worst reality shows and Viacom 18 Should Launched Decade By Decade Channel For Example Vh1 00's , Vh1 Classic Viacom needs to improve it

MTV Became Worst Channel After 2014 They Stopped Airing Songs same with the hd version They Also stopped in 2017 only Roadies Roadies more worst reality shows and Viacom 18 Should Launched Decade By Decade Channel For Example Vh1 00's , Vh1 Classic Viacom needs to improve it
Running Vh1 itself is turning out to be expensive. Why would they bring more sister channels to it? Meanwhile I agree Roadies, Splitsvilla etc. are terrible shows but there are some who still watches these shows.

The only way MTV can revive itself and return to it's old glory is to bring teen dramas. I recommend bringing dubbed English and Korean shows along with some original drama. Also return of more music centric shows.

Running Vh1 itself is turning out to be expensive. Why would they bring more sister channels to it? Meanwhile I agree Roadies, Splitsvilla etc. are terrible shows but there are some who still watches these shows.

The only way MTV can revive itself and return to it's old glory is to bring teen dramas. I recommend bringing dubbed English and Korean shows along with some original drama. Also return of more music centric shows.
Because vh1 is always airing BTS and blackpink songs and they overshadowed 90's and 2000's Songs which They only appeared on vh1 playlist And in uk and us mtv has sister channels like MTV 00's And MTV 80's it always Gets good ratings over there whereas vh1 plays some unnecessary kpop songs and became demandable and for mtv They needs to cancel Roadies and bring mtv bakra and JHS

Because vh1 is always airing BTS and blackpink songs and they overshadowed 90's and 2000's Songs which They only appeared on vh1 playlist And in uk and us mtv has sister channels like MTV 00's And MTV 80's it always Gets good ratings over there whereas vh1 plays some unnecessary kpop songs and became demandable and for mtv They needs to cancel Roadies and bring mtv bakra and JHS
In US, UK most tv audience speaks English. Meanwhile only handful of people speaking English listens to English music on tv. We can't have multiple channels which only a minority of audience watches. Even 9XO had to shut down. Why would Viacom waste their resources when social and streaming media are taking over television?

Roadies makes MTV lots of money from merchandise and bring subscribers to Voot. They won't cancel it. And Bakra just like other prank shows can't be brought back because of COVID 19 pandemic. I don't know what JHS is.

In US, UK most tv audience speaks English. Meanwhile only handful of people speaking English listens to English music on tv. We can't have multiple channels which only a minority of audience watches. Even 9XO had to shut down. Why would Viacom waste their resources when social and streaming media are taking over television?

Roadies makes MTV lots of money from merchandise and bring subscribers to Voot. They won't cancel it. And Bakra just like other prank shows can't be brought back because of COVID 19 pandemic. I don't know what JHS is.
JHS Is JHND Hogi Sabki it's a spin off to bakra

Well separate English music ch is not needed and in last 1 yr Vh1 has been dedicating enough time to old songs.

About MTV it will have to reinvent, Roadies was a show much watched 8 yrs back but now its boring and youth have much better content to see on OTT. They can try bringing in teen dramas, honestly Channel V had fab teen fiction or non fiction shows. MTV should also try to add more light hearted or travel/adventure centric youth shows. All in all they need new concepts which work well with audience and are not too expensive, brand collaboration can b way forward for this

Star Sports 2 airing T20 WC highlights in 16:9 AR. I think disney will gradually implement this strategy across chs, even UTV Movies had started airing films in wide screen AR till star india team took over, now with organization undergoing restructuring I m hopeful of good things.

Also why has Movies Now HD reverted back to opaque logo, earlier they had transparent logo when airing films

nothing just saying.

while we always arguing about who showing ipl better sony sports or star sports.

on the other hand bbl 10 single season is telecust by fox sports and channel 7 alternatively

Buddy! FOX Sports and Channel 7 jointly own the rights to all Cricket Australia matches. Their law has provision to have FTA channels to have rights to home TESTS. FOX and Channel 7 jointly bid for thee rights with an understanding for how the rights will work.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock