Discussion General Discussions, News & Updates On Indian TV Channels

HIGHLIGHTS

• The number of new channels in 2019-20 was 50: I&B Minister
• As on date, there are 916 private satellite TV channels: Anurag Singh Thakur
• Since 2017-18, the RNI has received 12,805 applications: I&B Minister to Parliament.

As many as 204 TV channels ceased operations in the last five years due to various reasons, Information & Broadcasting (I&B) Minister Anurag Thakur said in a written reply to a question in the Rajya Sabha.

COVID IMPACT? ONLY 22 NEW CHANNELS IN 2020-21

In a likely indication of the impact of Covid-19 on the broadcasting sector, only 22 channels came up during the financial year 2020-21, less than half the number of new channels that came up in the preceding year. The number of new channels in 2019-20 was 50, Anurag Thakur said.

Extremely heart breaking and sad news
Sony deleted social media profile/ handle for sony mix across social media platforms. Was searching on YouTube to watch Baaton Baaton Mein (sony mix chat show available previously on their YouTube ch) and noticed this.

Anyways here is a video showcasing brilliant idents this channel gave, i have time and again said that sony puts in excellent effort in presentation of channel or program
Source

Broadcasters should try to air some of their web exclusive series or movies on tv channels, few r really good and will receive good viewership. Even hope to see netflix, amazon prime video content on tv thru some kind of deal

DD RETRO - After Long duration now delivering Our Golden Childhood Memories in One Show - " Retro Chitrahaar ".
With Wonderful Compilation of Songs - Retro Chitrahaar delivering excellent viewing pleasure with all Your Family Members.
wHDfjj8.jpg

We are used to watch Golden Songs on Private Music Channels at Night but they are too repeatative in its Genre.
But as per "Retro Chitrahaar" - the Main Positives are :-
1.Excellent Songs Library. From 1950 to 1990 with Wide Variants.
2.Prasar Bharati caters All Stars/Music Director/Lyricists in this range.
3.Special Dedicated Episodes regarding Special Stars / Particular Themes added Extra Bonus to the Program.
4.Audio & Video Quality that Prasar Bharati delivering on this Program.
Regarding 50/60/70's Era's Video and Audio has been Remastered and prepared to be Televised in excellent way.
dpibIDJ.jpg

5.Prasar Bharati Team provides Full Information regarding The particular Song with The Year of the Movie / Lyricist / Music Director and etc. (Refer is the Below SnapShot).
5ZheqCP.jpg

Nowadays DD RETRO graphed themselves as DD National 2 but in other way -"Retro Chitrahaar"- proving that still Prasar Bharati too can Deliver Excellent Nostalgic Memories of many Indians and cater Mass as well as Class Audiences in every Corner.

You can Watch "Retro Chitrahaar" Daily 8.00 pm.
And "Retro Chitrahaar" Binge Watch Sunday afternoon 1.00 pm onwards.

So in Short :- "Bang On!! Doordarshan!!!......

Star Utsav should change its theme they have nothing other than this 🔶 shape 😒

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock