Discussion General Discussions, News & Updates On Indian TV Channels

• Thread starter Thread starter Shiva mahesh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 8,380
  • Views Views: Views 1,050,439
We live in a digitalization world. Don't see the point of putting shows name on the screen. Indian TV is filled with unwanted watermarks. First you got watermark from Cable/DTH. Than you got shows name along with colorful flashy logo. Also after every few hours some numbers comes on screen. Seriously, screen needs to be clear while watching any content.

There is reason for it, still in many cable networks EPG info is not properly updated or even left blank. Also this is not India centric format, worldover show name is mentioned on screen but yes their channel logos and operator logo is much transparent and smaller, In India it cannot b done bcoz of few reasons

There is reason for it, still in many cable networks EPG info is not properly updated or even left blank. Also this is not India centric format, worldover show name is mentioned on screen but yes their channel logos and operator logo is much transparent and smaller, In India it cannot b done bcoz of few reasons
This must be applicable to smallest fraction of all cable operators. I don't think users of these operators even cares about things like EPG. Or they would've switched to a decent cable company. Channels needs to reduce too much graphics on screens thinking about mass audience. Along with adaptation of translucent to avoid screen burn-in.

I bet you’re kidding. I do hope for a Malayalam movie channel from Zee though, once their catalogue grows large enough. :tup:
Zee network is much interested in channel launches in Regional language. Nearly they are present in every language of India.
No big network has this many channels or even a single channel in many languages.
Star present in 7 main languages, Sun in 5 (soon 6 after Sun Marathi), Colors in 4 big languages and other small language market, Sony in only 3 big language market.
Zee mostly have a gec & movie channel in regional genre but in Marathi they have many channels.
Zee Marathi was No.1 in Zee Regional Market and in Maharashtra from more then 10 years till (2019-20) like Sun TV in Tamilnadu This maybe the reason they focused much on Maharashtra and launched more Marathi channels.
But now they need to improve all their existing channel very important - Zee Marathi then they can launch any channel.

t4YJPhs.jpg

Last edited:
This must be applicable to smallest fraction of all cable operators. I don't think users of these operators even cares about things like EPG. Or they would've switched to a decent cable company. Channels needs to reduce too much graphics on screens thinking about mass audience. Along with adaptation of translucent to avoid screen burn-in.

Well buddy this issue is present even on major MSO across semi urban or urban cities and far more incase of rural areas where smaller MSO r present. A channel has to cater to all audience and anyways i think movie or show name flashing on screen is not major issue but placement should b right

Star present in 7 main languages, Sun in 5 (soon 6 after Sun Marathi), Colors in 4 big languages and other small language market, Sony in only 3 big language market.
Star is currently present only in 6 regional markets (though including Hindi it is 7). Star Kirano hasn’t launched yet. Sony is only in 2 regional markets (though including Hindi it is 3). Colors is present in 5 big languages: Hindi, Kannada, Marathi, Bengali and Tamil. Just clarifying some numbers a little.

Last edited:
Is SET available in 16:9 or is it stretched? I activated SET instead of SET HD to watch KBC as repeat time slot is more ideal for me. PQ was not bad as I expected from a SD channel. As SAB looks nothing like SAB HD.
KBC repeats come on morning But most of the afternoon evening repeat telecast goes with crime patrol and btw SET is actually available on 16:9 ratio I watch tkss repeats on My mom's bedroom by the next two months I'm going to upgrade her set top box to HD one

Star is currently present only in 6 regional markets (though including Hindi it is 7). Star Kirano hasn’t launched yet. Sony is only in 2 regional markets (though including Hindi it is 3). Colors is present in 5 big languages: Hindi, Kannada, Marathi, Bengali and Tamil. Just clarifying some numbers a little.
Colors in Oriya & Gujarati too whr no big broadcaster r present

Tarang TV is leading in Odia market also they have plan to launch GEC channel in their neighbor in Bengali they may be a big Network if they launch more channels in hindi (i think impossible to get success in hindi now bcz of established gecs) or atleast Regional Languages like Sun Network.
Sun Network is Big Network though it is not present in Hindi market.
Currently big networks in India are Star, Zee, Sun, Viacom, Sony.
Would like to see more network channels to be included in Big Networks.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom