Discussion General Discussions, News & Updates On Indian TV Channels

Pokemon movied airing every evening at 7 PM on Disney Channel.

Mr. Bean - The Animated Series huge hit on Pogo, started off as 2 hr afternoon slot (2 to 4 pm).... Now airing 4 to 5 hrs in 11 AM to 4 PM slot and evening 9 PM to 12 AM. This show was part of the list which i had shared in feedback to Turner India, had to send feedback to Cartoon Network Facebook as their channel head is not present on Twitter which would have been lot more effective in feedback reaching the concerned people.

Extremely sad that Scooby Doo has been taken off year and wish more old cartoons r back including Popeye
Cartoon Network should bring back Dragon Tales, Jhonny Test, Richie Rich shows back and Pogo should bring back Baby Looney Tunes, Bob the builder, Takeshi castle, Oswald etc shows

But before a movie comes on TV , It's Censorification happens again for TV Purpose and in that , either things are muted ( abusive words are muted ) or very violent things ( bloodshed scenes ) is Removed . So in case of kissing scenes , the Ministry of Television and Broadcasting should take this into consideration and remove it . Idk why filmmakers put unnecessary Kissing / S** scenes in movies to show love . In Earlier Timex ( 1970s ,60 s , 80s ) movies , they used to show two flower meet each other and the next scene was that they had a baby. This is a much better way instead of showing the whole detailing . Furthermore Love is not only about kiss , it's more about feeling for each other , concerned about each other and not only about that . Dino bhai is definitely right . It is not a good way to show audience this privacy related acts on TV .
When two flowers meet stupid nepo kids are born. So it's better makers avoid these.

When two flowers meet stupid nepo kids are born. So it's better makers avoid these.

Do not agree buddy. Infact the older bollywood movies were more entrenched in values apart from being more entertaining and better in all aspects be it acting, storyline, screenplay, direction, background score, music, songs etc.

Currently main problem bollywood is facing is that too much vulgarity and obscenity has set in and ofcourse other key elements of filmmaking r not that strong thus most of the recent bollywood films r not proving successful.

Even on TV or even OTT/YouTube almost all of the audience still love the Pre 2010 Bollywood films and their music.

I am not against offbeat or critically acclaimed cinema, infact i love watching all kinds of cinema but masala bollywood movies which once we enjoyed watching with whole family seems to have gone missing in bollywood. Even the offbeat cinema has too loud characters or acting and topics like s#x or crime seem to b too much in the highlight. Just watch movies like Swades, Prahaar, Masoom (1983), Jaane Bhi Do Yaaro, Sparsh, Arth, Zara Si Zindagi, Chhoti Si Baat, Iqbal, Dor, Ijaazat, Zakhm, Maachis, Rockford, Company, Gangaajal, Hey Ram etc and compare it to what is made today in category of offbeat cinema... I would older films dealt with sensitive topics in an excellent manner and effective in communicating the message. Many of Today's offbeat films is infact having adverse effect on people's mentality

So friends, hope u all r enjoying watching ur favourite bollywood films on hindi movie channels. Over the last 8 months spent so much time and energy in researching, compiling feedback, finding out ways to make my feedback reach respective hindi movie chs/network and their senior people /Hindi movie cluster heads. Not been easy as different things required vast amount of research be it about content which can b aired, division of content among the hindi movie channels, aspect ratio correction needed in certain content, channel revamp/rebrands ideas, changes in packaging of channels in bouquet where required, explaining about how a particular content will work on a said channel like bollywood movies will work on HD channels or how to put a channel to best use & cater to respective audience base (Colors Cineplex HD transition to being a bollywood films driven channel and catering to bollywood film audience), other feedback like not cutting regular scenes / songs from movies or editing out kissing scenes or not airing promos during end credits and airing full opening/end credits, improving audio /video quality of channels , distribution of chs etc etc.

All in all it was extremely difficult to manage how to share all this feedback using different mediums but still at the end i somehow feel happy seeing that all the broadcasters have looked into my feedback, evaluated options to include these changes in their strategy and implemented it in short span of time. Over the last 6 to 8 months u must have witnessed many changes on hindi movie channels including dubbed hollywood content chs like UTV HD and UTV Action. I think now bollywood viewers have lot more options to choose and watch.

Through this forum i would like to again thank all the broadcasters and their channel heads for absorbing my feedback, working on these points and making changes in different things. Truly , not only me i am sure so many viewers will be happy with changes introduced.

Still there r some areas where in broadcasters have limitations like Colors Cineplex has to cater to both bollywood and dubbed south indian movies audience until Colors Cineplex Superhits and Colors Cineplex Bollywood r available across all platforms. Still i have requeated their channel head to increase bollywood content on Colors Cineplex Superhits as where all 3 r available there a good balance will come into play between bollywood films and dubbed content.
Similarly sony has a limitation of having fewer popular bollywood films to fill in slots on Sony Max and Wah, also large number of dubbed south indian movies r expiring from their network hence right now they will have regular fluctuations in bollywood - dubbed south indian cinema telecast ratio still i think based on feedback they have improved a lot.

After Viacom18 gets proper distribution for Colors Cineplex Superhits , Colors Cineplex Bollywood and Sony gets access to more bollywood films be it thru acquisitions or integration of sony-zee bollywood movie library then bollywood content will improve on their SD/HD chs. Zee was also lagging behind in bollywood content and there were other issues like more repetition of few movies which again seems to have been corrected based on feedback, hopefully in future more changes will b brought in

Few months back had shared feedback with Zee Cafe channel head regarding what exciting content can b brought onto the channel with proper reasoning why it is likely to work well
2 days back have shared detailed feedback with star/disney about reviving Star World, what kind of content can b shown and how it will help resonate with not only untapped audience base but even the OTT audience. Also stated how it will be financially viable decision.

Hoping that both these English GEC channels will make a grand comeback.

Colors Infinity and Comedy Central r doing quite well and i do keep airing feedback with them on regular basis.

Even requested star/disney again to bring back old 90s/2000s disney cartoons on super hungama.

Sent tweet to hindi music channels requesting them to include 90s, 2000s indi pop songs in their daily playlist. Was thinking of sending this feedback to respective channel heads too but for now skipped that. I feel if suggestions reach senior people directly then it is more likely for changes to happen in respective areas.

Whatever feedback i send i make sure that it reflects what viewers at large want to see or would b happy to watch and most importantly the way you convey is of utmost importance. There has to b clarity and proper explanation / reasoning in points put forward

Almost all of the popular sony pictures / columbia films library now airing of sony pix. And Flix mostly airing chinese action, few marvel/disney films, lionsgate movies and select sony pictures movies. Also point to b noted is that more offbeat, critically acclaimed Hollywood / international films are finding space on And Flix since last 2 or 3 weeks. I think And Privé will b shut down soon and And Flix will fill that space airing mix of popular and meaningful cinema

Since last 2 or 3 months have observed that picture quality of Sony Wah has gone down. Any1 else noticed this?

Some members were stating that Sony Hindi Movie chs r airing films in smaller aspect ratio. Well actually this is the correct SD aspect ratio wherein picture does not get cropped from left / right side. Other way is to either air movies in HD Aspect Ratio (black bars remain present on top and bottom as films r made for wider screen theatre screens and to fit on 16:9 TV screens proportional reduction is required) or stretch the HD print but make sure in scenes where important part of the scene is getting cropped there automatically 16:9 is restored. I do not know how many of u observed but star/disney aired Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi in the 2nd way i have mentioned above

Sony Wah having double premieres of same movie on Sundays. After Bell Bottom and check, now this Sunday Mumbai Saga will premiere at 12 and 7 PM

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock