Discussion General Discussions, News & Updates On Indian TV Channels

• Thread starter Thread starter Shiva mahesh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 8,390
  • Views Views: Views 1,052,187
Sony is a disappointing network. I can't watch KBC at evening. It either airs at early morning or late evening. Can't watch old episodes of Taraak Mehta ka Ooltah Chashma on Sab HD. Even SD keeps on air same stories out of 3000 episodes. There are some really hidden gem of episodes. Sony Max avoids all the bollywood movie I enjoy on OTT service. Sony Yay ruined Horrid Henry. Only good thing about them are their sports offering. Sony Pal can atleast air old Sony Sab's shows like Lapataganj, RK Laxman etc. Even some Sony's old shows. Instead of TKMOC and CID repeats. It's a pay channel. Don't feed us repeats.

I think we all should unsubscribe all Sony Channels (Except Sports) from our Pack....even they are going to increase the prices from November, so why should we keep them active if those channels are of no use.....I am soon going to Unsubscribe Them all, Even Sony Max HD

Then they will learn a lesson

Even Zee network channels are of no use (except &Xplor HD & Zee Classic)

I would not say that Sony is not a good broadcast network. It has many USP's over other broadcasters but surely they need to improve upon key areas related to content strategy on their Hindi GEC, Hindi Movies and Kids channels .... Also they need to relaunch AXN, Sony Mix. If AXN is not being relaunched then atleast air the reality and fiction shows of AXN on Zee Cafe. AXN used to air most awesome reality shows , such content was never aired by any other broadcaster and same is the situation right now.

Reason for Taarak Mehta Ka Oolta Chashmah Repeats not getting aired on Sony Sab HD may most likely be that HD feed caters to a more niche audience and broadcasters tend to offer more variety of content on these channels. However @JollyLNB dada u can try sending feedback to their channel head on twitter and they may well make required changes in content strategy and accommodate ur request / demand. Sony does have many good shows which mass audience enjoys watching and they should air them on Sony Pal

Sony Max will surely improve mkre on bollywood content, i think it may happen around deepawali. All the film library integration work needs to b completed then we will see sony max and some other channels adopting renewed/fresh content strategy.

Sony Yay surely can do lot better and same goes for other kids channels, i feel 90s/2000s cartoons and shows were much better than current desi cartoons being aired barring few good ones like Bapu, Chacha Chaudhary, etc. Cartoon Network though is improving but lot more good content needs to b brought in, issue is the warner-discovery is not investing more on new channels or content as they r on a cost cutting spree across the world so they might not dub/redub old popular shows or buy rights for them. Already most of the warner-discovery channels seem to b performing not that well, even ads r minimal on these channels and most of the ads r the ones which r seen on less performing channels.... I mean dettol, lizol, vanish, harpic ads r often advertise more on less popular chs as ad slots would cost less, this is what atleast i have noticed and understood.

Sony Sports network surely doing fab job in showcasing wide array of sporting events. Even Sony Pix doing a good job but they should air some meaningful , thought provoking cinema and documentaries on Sony Pix HD rather than simulcasting the Standard Definition feed content

may be those movies satellite rights issues,

Here,
Sony Pix, &flix, these channels maximum movies telecasting in Hindi, Telugu, Tamil, now Movies Now also added Tamil audio feed for few movies, so English Movie channels adding audio feeds means they want TRP. New NTO also one reason example Sony Pix HD price 17rs including GST Sony Pix HD+ Sony BBC Earth HD pack if they telecast English movies only in english then less views, when telecasting with audio feeds then little bit better result, even &flix also following this trick now Movies Now channel,

Looks like in Future maximum all English movie channels in Multi languages.

Most importantly broadcasters need to promote extensively about audio feeds being available on their english movie channels, show such ads across their channels in various genres. Also make English Movie Channels available at low cost or better within popular packs/bouquet. This will surely make the ratings soar as more audience will tune it.

I have said time and again English GEC and Movie Channels can perform great on linear tv if broadcasters adopt right strategy . Right now English GEC r getting shut down bcoz of flawed content and pricing strategy of broadcasters. TRAI Tariff Order has nothing to do with this. Broadcasters r not confident of their content and not wanting to reduce prices as they might be believing that still many people won't subscribe to their channels and their subscription revenues will drop, they r wanting reinstatement of old advance deal system where operators paid them money upfront for long term agreements and all the channels were pushed onto us, where there was no real choice to pick favourite channels.... We all remember how operators priced bouquets/packs very low while a-la-carte rates were inflated so that subscribers do not find them appealing. Also all those issues of renewal of deals failing and subscribers facing channels blackouts as these were either removed from packs wherein opting for each channel individually costed so high or these channels were dropped from the platform. TRAI Tariff Order is the best id only broadcasters implement it in its true spirit

Then Disney's UTV Channels, Now Zee's Upcoming launching HD channels shutdown But no official sources. Requesting don't post without sources, post Images with some verified sources. Observed that Some youtube channels and websites copying DDF post without official confirmation spreading false information everywhere.

Big Broadcasters like Star/Zee made big blunder after announcing Channels like Asianet Movies HD, Zee Picchar HD and still struggling for launching with Big movie library. Fun fact is both network SD movie channels Teases every week New channel Premiere and WTP movies.

But even It's not easy launching HD movie channels for any broadcasters, there are lot of issues currently in Indian film industry if you watched 90s and 2000s understand how its looks On HD channel without restoration of movies. Some movies not even have original copy for Restoration, its very tough job to studios and broadcasters.

Big Broadcasters like Star/Zee made big blunder after announcing Channels like Asianet Movies HD, Zee Picchar HD and still struggling for launching with Big movie library. Fun fact is both network SD movie channels Teases every week New channel Premiere and WTP movies.

But even It's not easy launching HD movie channels for any broadcasters, there are lot of issues currently in Indian film industry if you watched 90s and 2000s understand how its looks On HD channel without restoration of movies. Some movies not even have original copy for Restoration, its very tough job to studios and broadcasters.

Not a tough job bro. These days it is infact it is quite easy to restore / upscale old movies to HD . I have seen 90s, 80s and even older bollywood movies in HD on tv channels as well as YouTube and be it audio or video quality they r both very good in most cases.... Yes there might b few films which would not get good results when restored but this is not a major issue for broadcasters

Sony Max aired World Famous Lover , A Aa yesterday and again airing it today. Looks like after Goldmines even Aditya Movies library is expiring from sony. Also Sony Wah seems to either be in retiring mode or it maybe rebranded soon.... It is either airing CID or some low budget movies... Few popular movies r airing but their number are getting trimmed with each passing day.

Pyaar Ka Khel dubbed movie airing both on Sony Wah and Max today. Also Baraat Company a movie i have never heard about and even by looking at promo it does not looking like an interesting film , this movie is being premiered this sunday on Sony Wah

Nayee Padosan, Hatyara renewed by viacom18, airing today morning on Colors Cineplex Bollywood.
Queen getting primetime afternoon slot today on Colors Cineplex Bollywood.
Viacom18 should launch Colors Cineplex Bollywood HD soon, scheduling strategy of this channel is very good. I think Colors Cineplex Superhits might either relaunch on DD Free Dish very soon or it might undergo content strategy changes soon.

Soon i expect Viacom18 to provide more bollywood content on Colors Cineplex or Colors Cineplex Bollywood

Back
Top Bottom