Discussion General Discussions, News & Updates On Indian TV Channels

• Thread starter Thread starter Shiva mahesh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 8,390
  • Views Views: Views 1,052,249
I think Disney-Star should rebrand star gold 2 in content wise. Looks like the channel is sidelined imo star gold 2 should be like similar to &pictures.

Star Gold 2 is doing perfectly fine bro and airing lot many good bollywood films, lot lot better than And Pictures and at just Re. 1

Sony Pix HD telecasted so many times Spiderman-far from home in English only,

Sony Max HD tomorrow telecasting in Hindi Spiderman-far from home,

Means they have hindi rights but not telecasting in Sony PIX HD, but telecasting in Sony Max HD only,

(Sony Pix HD telecasting so many Hollywood Movies in Hindi, Telugu, Tamil,) even &flix HD also.

Quite common. Sony has not utilised its dubbed hollywood library in the past too. Much of the warner bros films u r seeing at present across star disney hindi movie channels, they were all with sony before but hardly few of these got aired on their hindi movie channels... That too quite less

Sony Max 2 is again airing movies in 4:3 aspect ratio since last 3 or 4 days
Movies which do not have 16:9 ratio are getting aired in 4:3 ratio. Other movies which have been updated/upscaled to 16:9 are getting aired in that particular ratio. Not all movies have that ratio.

Zee Zindagi Service Channel is not airing Kitni Girhain Baaki Hai on weekends instead they airing repeat telecast of Suno Chanda & Meri Jaan Hai Tu (Mata e Jaan Hai Tu) also they're not Airing big lollywood movies like Bol & Teefa in Trouble. Zindagi also not changed its graphics since 8 years and not bringing well deserved Re-Runs like Humsafar, Ishq Gumshuda & Bunty I Love You and They didn't Bring Any Zee5 original Web Series like Rangbaaz & Pavitra Rishta 2 on Air Zee Zindagi (Service Channel) Needs to Improve It

Movies which do not have 16:9 ratio are getting aired in 4:3 ratio. Other movies which have been updated/upscaled to 16:9 are getting aired in that particular ratio. Not all movies have that ratio.

Anna i have carefully observed and noticed that even older films which have been restored to HD format are being aired in 4:3 (stretched on LED / LCD tv's ) format. You can yourself check on this.

Some members confuse and associate picture appearing in full screen to 16:9 or ones appearing with black bars with 4:3 aspect ratio. This is incorrect. Black bars or not is not the way to evaluate aspect ratio. Most of the older movies which have been restored to HD format will have 16:9 aspect ratio without the black bars and broadcaster may convert it to Standard Definition Format by stretching it from left/right side or apply letterbox option on the video which will convert the picture to SD format by squeezing the picture from top/bottom (black bars). Newer movies (even some older ones) will have 16:9 aspect ratio alongwith black bars and conversion to SD can b done in same way as above.

Black Bars appearing or not on a movie being shown in HD format on tv channels depends on the actual aspect ratio in which it was shot and later on to fit in TV screens its size is reduced proportionately.

Also broadcasters tweak original HD aspect ratio by zooming the picture like u can see on MTV Beats or most of the movies which air on English Movie channels wherein black bars r omitted or reduced but same leads to picture getting cropped from left /right side. Same is avoided for few films, songs as it crops key part of the picture.

Anna i have carefully observed and noticed that even older films which have been restored to HD format are being aired in 4:3 (stretched on LED / LCD tv's ) format. You can yourself check on this.

Some members confuse and associate picture appearing in full screen to 16:9 or ones appearing with black bars with 4:3 aspect ratio. This is incorrect. Black bars or not is not the way to evaluate aspect ratio. Most of the older movies which have been restored to HD format will have 16:9 aspect ratio without the black bars and broadcaster may convert it to Standard Definition Format by stretching it from left/right side or apply letterbox option on the video which will convert the picture to SD format by squeezing the picture from top/bottom (black bars). Newer movies (even some older ones) will have 16:9 aspect ratio alongwith black bars and conversion to SD can b done in same way as above.

Black Bars appearing or not on a movie being shown in HD format on tv channels depends on the actual aspect ratio in which it was shot and later on to fit in TV screens its size is reduced proportionately.

Also broadcasters tweak original HD aspect ratio by zooming the picture like u can see on MTV Beats or most of the movies which air on English Movie channels wherein black bars r omitted or reduced but same leads to picture getting cropped from left /right side. Same is avoided for few films, songs as it crops key part of the picture.
Yes I get it. But as far as I have seen, movies which have 16:9 ratio are getting aired like that in Sony Max 2 and thanks for bringing to my notice that even movies which have 16:9 ratio are getting aired in 4:3 on Sony Max 2.

And yes, 16:9 doesn't mean that black bars should disappear. Most of the new films when they get telecasted on HD channels are in 16:9 ratio with small black bars at top and bottom.

Also, Zee Classic sometimes telecasts some classic films in 16:9 ratio with black bars at left and right side. And yes, I get your point :tup:

Zee Zindagi Service Channel is not airing Kitni Girhain Baaki Hai on weekends instead they airing repeat telecast of Suno Chanda & Meri Jaan Hai Tu (Mata e Jaan Hai Tu) also they're not Airing big lollywood movies like Bol & Teefa in Trouble. Zindagi also not changed its graphics since 8 years and not bringing well deserved Re-Runs like Humsafar, Ishq Gumshuda & Bunty I Love You and They didn't Bring Any Zee5 original Web Series like Rangbaaz & Pavitra Rishta 2 on Air Zee Zindagi (Service Channel) Needs to Improve It

Also they should launch this service channel on airtel digital tv platform

Also they should launch this service channel on airtel digital tv platform
They will launch i think in next year PS I'm talking about the changes zindagi should do like making all serials half an hour and all serials should air till Saturday and Humsafar and Bunty I Love you getting Re-Runs on 5:30 PM and KGBH Getting extension to sat-sun

Movies Now, MNX these two channels sure they will telecast James Bond atleast one movie in a week,

But next week no James Bond movies in two channels, something fishy...

First time without James Bond movies Times Network channels,
Again no James Bond movies in two channels,
1-week completed without bond films,

Now 2nd week also completed I mean total schedule without James Bond movies,
Something fishy...

This is first time in Times network channels.

Back
Top Bottom