Discussion General Discussions, News & Updates On Indian TV Channels

Dada, these are side effects of spending too much time thinking/reading about various things related to a brand , it tends to leave a print of the subconscious mind. :)

On a lighter note, this is a very nice way for anyone who has been awaiting addition of channels or other changes on a particular DTH / Cable platform or as such has any long pending wish which he/she wants to see come out true. Just sleep, let ur mind loose & it will give u moments of happiness for a certain time period. Even i experience such activities sometimes but when i am dreaming that time too i am sure this is not the reality & somehow i wake up when that reel is playing in my mind :)
I had to write about this. It happened two nights in a row. Maybe side-effects of sleeping with Sports18 on because of the World Cup. 😉

As i had anticipated few months back Jayeshbhai Jordaar seems to have performed rather well on TV hence being aired often across Disney Star Hindi Movie Channels. Star/Disney has build such a strong & robust bollywood audience base that even average films tend to prove winners when these air on their movie channels....on the other side sony-zee and Viacom18 seems to b lot behind from Disney Star in this regard. Sony-Zee many times even do not manage to get good ratings for successful / nice bollywood films beyond few airings, all bcoz their more focus on dubbed south indian movies has shifted bollywood audience out from their channels or should i say not provided proper base to create a loyal bollywood audience base. Had Disney Star been having films like Jersey, Bachchan Panday, Runway 34, Antim, Jug Jug Jeeyo, Shershah then i am certain that these would have got lot better ratings than what they r able to achieve on sony-zee or Viacom18 Hindi Movie Channels. I feel Zee has even not manage to garner much success with a fultoo masala movie like Sooryavanshi
Even "A Thursday (2022)" & "Prithviraj Chauhan (2022)" worked well on TV.
Prithviraj Chauhan worked because nowadays every Akshay Kumar movie whether be hit, flop, best, worst, Average, good, akki fans just like salman Khan fans make his movies hit and work on tv very well.
Even Bacchan Pandey, Bell Bottom worked, even Ram Setu, Raksha Bandhan & Cuttputli will also work.

Many of the members were requesting and awaiting for this to happen since a very long time and finally the moment has arrived. Watch the movie Dil Bechara tomorrow 9PM on Star Gold Select SD/HD.

If there r certain movies which u want to watch on Disney Star Hindi Movie Channels then simply send tweets to @starindia for the same, also in end of each tweet tag @stargoldindia too which will help ur request reach more effectively to the concerned team

Last edited:
Also noticed that FoodXP is airing same programs which also air on TravelXP. Has the original programming of this channel been taken off air? By that mean food shows which were specifically produced for this new channel, can't seem to find their mention on the EPG schedule
Friends, please share ur views about 2nd part of the above query
After addition and Subscription on Tata Play - what it has been observed regarding "FoodXp" is that of CMPL is still 'Testing' the Channel Content from their End.
Though they have started Real / Original Shows :-
1.Bucket List
2.City Breaks
3.Dinner Table
4.Gypsy Foods
5.Punjabi Dhabas (Coming Soon)

On the Other hand - Shows from Travel XP continues :-
1.Xplor the World
2.World Spa
3.Great Hotels
4.Unwind
Original Programing have not taken Off-Air but what it seems is just Lack of Contents for Running a 24x7 Food Channel just like Food Food &/or Zee Zest. Channel still suffer to get Added in various DTH & Cable TV Platforms and even No Commercial Ad Breaks introduced (instead of Own Program Promo) - which Resultant in keeping the Channel Content in Hold to Air as what it can be understood by watching "FoodXp" regularly.
So basically Non Popularity (and also Over Pricing of Rs.1.50/-) obstructs the Path of "FoodXp" to Run 24x7 Original Food Shows instead Reruning 'TravelXp' Library to accomodate with the Current situation.
Also within NTO 2.0 guideline - CMPL should launch New Bouquet to accomodate FoodXp with TravelXp to reach Wider Audience Base.
-------------------------
As from 1st December 2022 - "Sony Pal" making Re entry in DDFD so it's obvious that Content Strategy of "Sony Wah" will undergo a Change from Dec 1. And it's Changing !!!
No more CID / Adaalat / Bal Ganesh / Ahaat on "Sony Wah" as it will be now on "Sony Pal".
More Films now on Afternoon 1pm & Evening 7 pm slots on "Sony Wah".
Hope and Wish that Bollywood Content Strategy shifts again on "Sony Max SD / HD" while Mix of Bollywood + Dubbed Hollywood + Dubbed South Masalas get Airtime on "Sony Wah".

After addition and Subscription on Tata Play - what it has been observed regarding "FoodXp" is that of CMPL is still 'Testing' the Channel Content from their End.
Though they have started Real / Original Shows :-
1.Bucket List
2.City Breaks
3.Dinner Table
4.Gypsy Foods
5.Punjabi Dhabas (Coming Soon)

On the Other hand - Shows from Travel XP continues :-
1.Xplor the World
2.World Spa
3.Great Hotels
4.Unwind
Original Programing have not taken Off-Air but what it seems is just Lack of Contents for Running a 24x7 Food Channel just like Food Food &/or Zee Zest. Channel still suffer to get Added in various DTH & Cable TV Platforms and even No Commercial Ad Breaks introduced (instead of Own Program Promo) - which Resultant in keeping the Channel Content in Hold to Air as what it can be understood by watching "FoodXp" regularly.
So basically Non Popularity (and also Over Pricing of Rs.1.50/-) obstructs the Path of "FoodXp" to Run 24x7 Original Food Shows instead Reruning 'TravelXp' Library to accomodate with the Current situation.
Also within NTO 2.0 guideline - CMPL should launch New Bouquet to accomodate FoodXp with TravelXp to reach Wider Audience Base.
-------------------------
As from 1st December 2022 - "Sony Pal" making Re entry in DDFD so it's obvious that Content Strategy of "Sony Wah" will undergo a Change from Dec 1. And it's Changing !!!
No more CID / Adaalat / Bal Ganesh / Ahaat on "Sony Wah" as it will be now on "Sony Pal".
More Films now on Afternoon 1pm & Evening 7 pm slots on "Sony Wah".
Hope and Wish that Bollywood Content Strategy shifts again on "Sony Max SD / HD" while Mix of Bollywood + Dubbed Hollywood + Dubbed South Masalas get Airtime on "Sony Wah".

Thanks for sharing this information buddy. Just want to inform u that Gypsy Diaries, City Breaks , Bucket List, Travel Diaries with Rohan are also r TraveXP shows and have been airing on it since long before FoodXP launched. Infact as i have checked the schedule of FoodXP, i was unable to find any original show listed there.
I agree that FoodXP has rather weak distribution across various Cable TV or DTH Platforms , even other channels from CMPL need to improve in this area. Apart from TravelXP almost all of their channels r available only on select platforms. All this further leads to ratings being low , more so for a niche channel getting a sizeable audience is itself a difficult task and poor reach of the channel adds to this problem. Ad revenue again would not come if ratings r negligible. I guess FoodXP is akready part of their New Updated RIO, issue is that there is not much recall for their channels among people thus causing less demand and operators not willing to add most of them unless carriage fee is offered for the same.

About ur 2nd point, yes indeed with launch of Sony Pal there will b a change in content strategy of Sony Wah...eagerly awaiting to see what is made available on it to the viewers. Sony needs to also focus on airing more dubbed hollywood movies on its channels :)

Last edited:
@Vadirocks
Dude,
Sports18-2 HD-SD
Sports18-1 Hindi HD-SD
Sports18-1 Tamil SD
Got license,

Why not Sports18-1 Telugu license approval ? atleast Telugu SD channel approaval.

NTO-2.0 from 1st February then after NTO-2.0 implementation can we expect these sports channels launching information ?

What's your assumptions.

Today is the birthday of the great and legendary actor Shri Amol Palekar Ji but none of the channels are airing any of his movies :(

National Pride, a new sports based chat show tomorrow at 7PM on Star Sports Select 1

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock