Discussion General Discussions, News & Updates On Indian TV Channels

I had been anticipating this for a long time. Most probably now Turner India (Warner Media India) will not be distributed by Indiacast . These will likely be distributed together with Discovery Network channels

ro6luIa.jpg

Many members often want to know as to whom they should contact for knowing about launch of certain channels which r missing on a DTH or Cable TV Platform . I would like to share 2 easy ways with u by which u can enquire about this information with concerned broadcaster as well as operator

- Just download the RIO document of respective broadcaster from their website and in that document u will see list of people who r responsible for distribution of channels on Cable TV and DTH Platforms...usually there r separate people assigned for distribution of channels on Cable TV and DTH Platforms, u may write to concerned person and shortly u will receive the revert back with the required information

- If u want to contact the person who is working with a DTH or Cable TV platform and responsible for content acquisition / signing agreement with respective broadcasters to launch channels on its platform then similar process need to be followed wherein u should download the RIO document of that MSO/Cable Operator / DTH operator and in it u will find a mention of the name and contact details of the person assigned to do the above job.

Do try this method out as this will directly help u reach the people who negotiate and enter agreements with respective operators / broadcasters and thus know the exact information about when a channel is likely to be available on a platform or if it is missing for long time then what exactly is the reason for the same

Friends, is Darshan 24 channel available on your Cable TV network? All of the DTH operators do not carry this channel, long back Videocon d2h provided this channel which was later shifted under Active Services mode thus only viewable in small window and ultimately was dropped from the platform. I guess Videocon d2h also exclusively provided Fox Sports News for certain duration on its platform. Just hope that in near future Disney Star again launch a sports news channel in India

I think they will change all the schedule and convert into full movie channel as it was earlier , when the sony pal will get added on DD free dish.
Now, again somewhat schedule changed, Till 1st December, CID will be shown from 10AM to 8PM, one of regularly top shown movie at 8PM (like - 3 id*ots, Sooryavansham, Tiger Series, Sultan, Bahubali, to 12 midnight...rest movies pushed to early morning slot.

An overwhelming majority of Indians prefer pay TV as their primary source of entertainment. Pay TV will continue to rule the roost in India with subscription costs being the lowest in the world while OTT subscription costs are close to 2.5X of pay TV based on an analysis conducted by BCG. The launch of several paid OTT platforms in India was followed by the subsequent slashing of subscription prices & introduction of limited duration package offerings to accelerate conversion but have shown negligible impact on cord cutting.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock