Discussion General Discussions, News & Updates On Indian TV Channels

• Thread starter Thread starter Shiva mahesh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 8,380
  • Views Views: Views 1,050,509
It is good that Star Movies Select has now been transformed as a mainstream hollywood movie channel as with Disney-Star renewing/acquiring so many hollywood movies from Warner Bros, Sony Pictures / Columbia Pictures, Universal Pictures (including Focus Features movie library), MGM, Paramount Pictures, Dreamworks, MVP Entertainment, Hallmark, Eurocorp, Indo Overseas, Voltage Pictures and several other studios/companies there is a strong need to have 2 English Movie Channels.

Both Star Movies and Star Movies Select r also airing some critically call hollywood movies on a regular basis which is a good thing ...such movies get less ratings hence dedicated channel for it does not prove successful.

Half Past Dead 2 renewed by Disney-Star, airing Saturday at 9 PM on Star Movies Select....part of Sony Pictures Home Entertainment movie library

Great News !

I have shared feedback with Disney-Star number of times in the past to not remove/edit out songs while airing bollywood movies on their channels. They did take note of my feedback and took corrective measures on the same but still there were some movies where songs were still being cut and few movies were aired sometimes with songs while at other times without it.

Few days back i again shared feedback regarding this with Disney-Star via Twitter and so happy to tell that now they have again looked into the issue and made further corrections on the same.
Kahin Pyaar Na Ho Jaaye , Hum Aapke Dil Mein Rehte Hain aired with songs yesterday/some days back on Star Gold Romance....tomorrow Swarg, Shola aur Shabnam r being aired with songs as can be made out from runtime of these movies on respective hindi movie channels of disney-star

Great News !

I have shared feedback with Disney-Star number of times in the past to not remove/edit out songs while airing bollywood movies on their channels. They did take note of my feedback and took corrective measures on the same but still there were some movies where songs were still being cut and few movies were aired sometimes with songs while at other times without it.

Few days back i again shared feedback regarding this with Disney-Star via Twitter and so happy to tell that now they have again looked into the issue and made further corrections on the same.
Kahin Pyaar Na Ho Jaaye , Hum Aapke Dil Mein Rehte Hain aired with songs yesterday/some days back on Star Gold Romance....tomorrow Swarg, Shola aur Shabnam r being aired with songs as can be made out from runtime of these movies on respective hindi movie channels of disney-star
Please do even request for "Bade Miyan Chote Miyan" and "Chal Mere Bhai" 🙂

Great News !

Bro star gold romance channel all movies telecasting song

Strange that Zee Cinema has not rescheduled premiere of the movie "Thank God" until now....previously it ws to premiere on 25 February 2023 but that was canceled because of ongoing dispute between broadcasters and AIDCF at that point of time and they aired movie Goodbye inplace of it

Another interesting thing i noticed is that NDTV India has started airing teleshopping during watershed hours. When the NDTV group was under ownership of previous owners then such ads were never shown on their news channels

As usual zee renewed a good bollywood movie like Race (2008) but not giving it adequate airtime. There is whole big list of such bollywood movies which r part of their library but r not given proper airtime and some r just aired mostly during watershed hours.

Do not know if reason is that zee is unable to fetch good ratings for such movies maybe as they focus too much on dubbed south indian movies and has lost out on bollywood movies audience base or there is some other reason but i find this to be quite strange. Look at Disney-Star which even manages to get good ratings for bollywood movies which r just about average or even below average and excellent ratings for the good ones, even Viacom18 airs lot more variety of bollywood movies on Colors Cineplex Bollywood though its other 2 hindi movie channels r heavy on south indian dubbed movie content and even Sony Max 2 airs good variety of old bollywood movies on Sony Max 2 and despite having smaller bollywood movies library still shows some good bollywood movies on Sony Max and Sony Wah though lot of improvement is still needed more so as Sony Max since last few months is repeating lot of bollywood and dubbed south indian movies on a regular basis and even it alongwith Sony Wah still on many days air lot of dubbed south indian movies.

Zee has a dedicated bollywood movie channel Zee Bollywood but it also airs limited number of bollywood movies and repetition is high....also we don't get to see many of these movies on their HD hindi movie channels. Zee Classic is doing a good job of airing various retro bollywood movies and And Xplor too is airing large variety of offbeat/mainstream bollywood movies but it is still unavailable on some of the prominent Cable / DTH Platforms

Two more YRF movies getting prime slots tomorrow on Star Gold Romance, Lamhe and Noorie which until now just aired in watershed hours on disney-star hindi movie channels, these will tomorrow be aired in afternoon and late night slot on Star Gold Romance.

Hope Tum Bin , Hameshaa, Dil Kya Kare, are also aired soon in a prime slot on this channel and so r other sidelined movies from YRF and other banners .

Back
Top Bottom