Discussion General Discussions, News & Updates On Indian TV Channels

• Thread starter Thread starter Shiva mahesh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 8,357
  • Views Views: Views 1,047,956
I also have the same opinion that it's a part of Star's recent strategy of uploading old episodes in full on YouTube everyday. Most of the Star network YouTube channels are doing this constantly now specially Star Plus,Star Suvarna, Asianet,etc. They are making use of old stuff and in that context there is no more Channel V so it makes sense that Star would have decided the same strategy for Channel V.

So buddy, if you can see clearly there is an evident resemblance in the pattern with other Star channels. The similar pattern can be like uploads on frequent days, similar time for uploads,upload with episode numbers,clear indication in playlist section that they are uploading full minute episodes and not some random 5 or 10 minutes,uploads from episode 1,etc.

Also why would Star again revive it's music genre now with the merger with Reliance coming soon. Does it make any sense? Moreover the classic audience of Channel V and the audience for the shows of the channel have shifted probably to OTT in search of similar content !

There is a distinction buddy and i have explained same in my previous posts, reviving the YouTube channel of a defunct TV Channel is an extremely rare occurrence particularly when its name remains unchanged.

Also sure merger with Viacom18 is being worked out but then remember no major broadcaster would weaken its channels or content portfolio even if merger is successful as later if both decide to part ways then same should not negatively impact either sides. So having a youth channel in its portfolio will help Disney-Star better cater to youth audience even in an OTT era as OTT is not only expensive but again there r many issues associated with streaming a content or searching for it while having good curated content on a channel certainly helps it garner required viewership

There is a distinction buddy and i have explained same in my previous posts, reviving the YouTube channel of a defunct TV Channel is an extremely rare occurrence particularly when its name remains unchanged.

Also sure merger with Viacom18 is being worked out but then remember no major broadcaster would weaken its channels or content portfolio even if merger is successful as later if both decide to part ways then same should not negatively impact either sides. So having a youth channel in its portfolio will help Disney-Star better cater to youth audience even in an OTT era as OTT is not only expensive but again there r many issues associated with streaming a content or searching for it while having good curated content on a channel certainly helps it garner required viewership
Except for Star who believes in shrinkage of niche offerings to acquire useless sports league. If they could they would've shutdown channels like Disney International HD and Super Hungama by now. Now that Disney owns them. They will think twice before touching Disney royalty.

Except for Star who believes in shrinkage of niche offerings to acquire useless sports league. If they could they would've shutdown channels like Disney International HD and Super Hungama by now. Now that Disney owns them. They will think twice before touching Disney royalty.

Again buddy u r wrong on this too. I have given detailed explanation regarding this topic in this as well as some other threads so will not repeat the same..... Had u been reading my posts mote carefully then u would not have had such false perceptions .......anyways buddy u may have dislike for Disney Star so seeing all their decisions with a negative viewpoint but truth is that shutting down of its English GEC channels had nothing to do with expansion of their sports business investment.....infact Disney Star has long back decided to not buy rights of all key cricket sporting properties bcoz of its high pricing and instead decided to widen its content portfolio across other genres both on linear and digital platforms .

There were primarily 2 decisions which they took and were not at all right.....launching Star Sports Select HD channels and telling customers to migrate to HD box and opt for these channels to enjoy watching key non cricket sports, they later realised mistake and launched its SD feeds.......... 2nd wrong decision was to remove popular new shows from Star World and shift th to Star World Premiere and offering the same as a special subscription based channel which costed way too much, this lead to not only vieweship of Star World dropping drastically but even Star World Premiere failed to garner success.

Post Disney takeover they have improved both content and strategy wise and now we will likely see more of good changes being implemented in near future

Back
Top Bottom