Got Airtel Xstream Smart Box. Installed yesterday - Removed today. Disappointed!

vizhigal

Reaction score
Just got installed xstream last evening with my D2H LNB.. dismantled and packed xstream box today morning and back to d2h.
Finding difficult to navigate between channels and favourite channels.
It is a good box and audio was good to go with my HT.
It is a upgrade to my 8 years old ADTV account. .Paid 2249 finding someone to take it back at a lesser price.
It just my personal experience and no one to get guided by this

Just got installed xstream last evening with my D2H LNB.. dismantled and packed xstream box today morning and back to d2h.
Finding difficult to navigate between channels and favourite channels.
It is a good box and audio was good to go with my HT.
It is a upgrade to my 8 years old ADTV account. .Paid 2249 finding someone to take it back at a lesser price.
It just my personal experience and no one to get guided by this
It is sad you didn't like the Xstream box. What short comings did you find in that. Would help others if you could do a short pros and cons of the Xstream box.

Opinion and usage highly differs.
My case can be a odd one.
I switched back to D2H because of convenient favourite channels handling,with dedicated button,
Arranging of favourite channel to our fashion , alternate channel button in D2H.

I don't find big change in the PQ with D2H and optical output for audio is good in Xstream .developers option can also be enabled in Xstream box to debug / adb command line.
May be it was a difficult task for me to get to go with the new UI for live tv channels similar to Fire stick UI.

I switched back to D2H because of convenient favourite channels handling,with dedicated button,
Arranging of favourite channel to our fashion , alternate channel button in D2H.

I don't find big change in the PQ with D2H and optical output for audio is good in Xstream .developers option can also be enabled in Xstream box to debug / adb command line.
May be it was a difficult task for me to get to go with the new UI for live tv channels similar to Fire stick UI.
So basically it is not the Xstream box you didn't like, bcos it would have been same if you had bought a normal HD set top box from Airtel too. It is the UI and more so the remote features that didn't suit you as you have already stated. So you were not ready for a change, any change will take time to get used to, any product for that matter. Also it was Android vs Amazon UI.

Yes if it is only me then it is to change yourself to the changes.
It is the family members and their taste too has to be accomadated.
As I said my case should not be taken as a guide value as I may not go with many people opinions

How many favorites can you set on D2h box?

Btw I also have an Airtel Internet box for sale at a discount in case anyone's interested. Purchased 2-3 months ago.

[/QUOT. Explain the picture clarity difference in xstream box and Old Hd Airtel box

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock